Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 11:48:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341122 Posts in 13941 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Play for Japan: The Album
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Play for Japan: The Album  (Read 1567 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »

When is the release date for this?  It said on the site that it was scheduled for release in early June.  Today is the last day of June and was wondering if there were any updates on this?  I don't see it on iTunes.

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »

this video, and the comments under it between Laura Shigihara and user "rinkuhero," explain the delay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE8BfidCjno

it's june 21!!! is it out yet?
rinkuhero 1 week ago

@rinkuhero I haven't heard from Akira and his team in a while so I'm guessing the album copyright still hasn't come through yet :( But I'll definitely let you know as soon as I find out more. I can't wait for it to be released!
supershigi 21 hours ago

@supershigi oh, i see, it's a copyright problem? makes sense if it contains remixes of game songs along with original songs (although i was hoping it'd be mostly originals)
rinkuhero 21 hours ago

@rinkuhero From what I was told, iTunes and Amazon require that we have an all-album copyright, even though all of us own the music we submitted... Once Akira's team learned this, they applied for a speedy one, but I'm guessing that it still hasn't come through yet; that kinda stuff always seems to take forever :( But the cool thing is that the majority of the tracks are original (and new for the album)^^
supershigi 18 hours ago

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 01:01:52 AM »

Ahh, thanks.  I liked the song at the end of the video.

Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

I see it's on iTunes now.  Yay!

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »

For those who purchased the album, what are your thoughts on it?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:34 AM »

I just started listening to it just a few minutes ago.  So far, it's amazing but i'm only on the second song.  18 songs for $9.99.  Good deal to me :)

EDIT: I really, REALLY love this album! I especially love Track 5 "Play for You" by Mitsuto Suzuki, it reminds me of a Kraftwerk song :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:30:45 AM by Ivalice Alliance » Logged

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »

Is it true that there are talks for a second Play for Japan album?  If that's true, I really would love to hear something from Masashi Hamauzu and Hitoshi Sakimoto.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: