Author Topic: Good independent authors's books on e-readers (like Kindle or Nook)?

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
My mom got me a Kindle for my birthday back in May.  She had gotten one before then and she sold it on me.  I love it now (currently reading The Taqwacores on it.)  So I ask, what are some good "indie" or self-published novelists who may have e-books available for e-readers?  Genre-wise, I'm mostly an epic fantasy and sci-fi (I love cyberpunk) kind of guy, but a good book in any genre is a good book. 

I would think that e-readers would be a place for independent writers not on Simon and Schuster (or a reasonable facsimile) to showcase their works, right? 

Just like in the local music scenes (I myself play in a local punk band) I like seeing what's in the underground, and I want to try and do the same for writers.  Look for writers in the underground. 
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun