Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Aksys bringing over Fate/Extra (imageepoch/PSP) to NA in 2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Aksys bringing over Fate/Extra (imageepoch/PSP) to NA in 2011  (Read 2222 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »

According to Aksys' Liveblog: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/02/aksys-anime-expo-liveblog-starts-now/

They'll also provide a limited edition.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »

This looks really interesting. Why does everyone say the PSP is dead? If you're a fan of RPGs there are great new games coming out a lot!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

This looks really interesting. Why does everyone say the PSP is dead? If you're a fan of RPGs there are great new games coming out a lot!

Well, you said it. If your are not interested in the genre then what are you going to play on the system outside of Patapon, God of War and Metal Gear games? The market for the PSP is just for RPG fans (and it has always been), no other group of people care more about the system.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »

Because retailers do, and that's far worse than a bunch of people being dumb online. :/
sagagadego09

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 03:17:26 PM »

from the panel
"Japanese voices for Fate/Extra "

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:41:38 PM »

Because retailers do, and that's far worse than a bunch of people being dumb online. :/

And since most video game sales still come from old-fashioned brick & mortar stores, yeah, the PSP is pretty much dead. On the other hand, this doesn't really matter to publishers that publish games with a very loyal following. It's not that unusual for games to come out on a dead system and still make a profit. That doesn't mean the system isn't dead though.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »

this is excellent news :D

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »

Great news, with a Fate Zero anime and TypeMoon comedy spinoff in the works. WTB Fate Stay Night official VN release and Battle Moon Wars port!......Well, I can dream.....
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »

from the panel

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

where does it say this? i would prefer a dub but will take what i can get.

never mind i found it when i read the panel.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:06:15 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »

Excellent.My PSP isn't done choking on RPGs yet.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 05:02:04 PM »

And since most video game sales still come from old-fashioned brick & mortar stores, yeah, the PSP is pretty much dead. On the other hand, this doesn't really matter to publishers that publish games with a very loyal following. It's not that unusual for games to come out on a dead system and still make a profit. That doesn't mean the system isn't dead though.

If these games could still do reasonably well AND retailers were willing to continue stocking them it wouldn't be a problem, in fact I think that's what happened with the PS1 and PS2. Problem is sales are anemic for a lot of games, and retailers are shrinking shelf space more and more. We haven't had such a frustrating disparity between America/Japan since the Saturn, and this is worse by merit of the PSP becoming (apparently) the dominant platform there whereas the PS1 dominated on both side of the ocean and was easy enough to make competent ports to. Actually, the 3DS SHOULD be in the same position, but I haven't heard of putting VC3 there or anything.
sagagadego09

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »

from the panel

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

where does it say this? i would prefer a dub but will take what i can get.

never mind i found it when i read the panel.
there might be a dub after all
"The dub voice cast for these games has not been planned out yet, but Xie confirmed that the original Japanese voices will also be retained in these games"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2011/anime-expo/12
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »

The only reason I didn't point out that assuming a lack of a dub was foolish was because, given the memory constraints of the PSP, it really was plausible it was one or the other. That, and the costs of bringing out PSP games anymore.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »

Excellent.My PSP isn't done choking on RPGs yet.

Amen, and it also needs something to remove the awful aftertaste of 3rd Birthday's ending from it.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »

I'm all for more RPGs making their way over.

I looked up some gameplay on yourtube... so is the combat some sort of dueling?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: