Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:51:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Megaman ZX
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Megaman ZX  (Read 2064 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:08:48 PM »

1up preview.

According to GameStop, it's shipping on the 12th of September. I can't wait for it, any other Megaman fans interested in this, or those that have lost interest but are willing to jump in again?
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 02:48:48 AM »

This interests me. Since it's for the Nintendo DS, I'm even more interested. I haven't played a new Mega Man game for some time.

On a unrelated note, I want to hunt down all four Mega Man Zero games.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:42:19 AM »

Miho, you can still find Zero 2-4 on Amazon. Hunting down the first MMZ could be a little more difficult, but hardly impossible. But if you do hunt down the first MMZ, be warned that it is much more unforgiving than its sequels and can be very frustrating.

And really, do I need to say anything about MMZX? I'll have it on release day :D
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 05:30:56 PM »

I believe MMZ1 is going to be a Player's Choice title soon, so I'd wait on that and see what happens. Nab the rest though.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 12:23:20 AM »

Thanks for the advice guys. I've always been meaning to dip my feet into the Zero series, as the character art looks fucking awesome. There's none of that blocky art style, from what I've seen. Likewise, for Mega Man ZX.

As for the villian of ZX,

Code:
I've read it's Dr. Weil again, whom was the villian for the latter half of the Zero games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »

The reviews have been coming in. It's pretty damn positive so far.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 08:13:13 PM »

I went to Gamestop to pick it up today, but they said they were getting it in tomorrow. I'm glad it's getting good reviews. Mega Man seemed to be falling off the radar for years now.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »

Unless it's a big game, you'll /never/ get it on the ship date. Heck, it's only a 50/50 chance if it's a big game - I don't recall my local GameStop carrying NSMB when it was shipped, and that's still selling a lot.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 01:08:07 AM »

Ah, I'm not going to be able to afford to pick it up until next week because I'm broke. Damn school.

Then I have to choose between it and Okami. -_-
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 12:07:26 PM »

I picked this game up alongside Okami yesterday. Okami was and will continue to be riding shotgun, but I did give ZX some of my attention last night before I went to bed.

It's pretty much your regular Megaman fanfare, but with graphics arguably better than the Playstation MM titles, the open and explorable world, fully animated and voiced anime style cutscenes, the music is pretty damn good, and it already has some well-developed characters for a MM title.

Personally I'd go so far as to say this is the best MM game since X4.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: