Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327437 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Thread of people Dancing Mad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Thread of people Dancing Mad  (Read 9643 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »

Quote from: CDFN
I'm not going to judge the gameplay without trying it but the characters look retarded.

Seems to me the character designs look just fine for what the game is trying to be- cutesy and laid back. And it's being cute in a non-creepy Japanese way. I approve.

...creepy and uncanny. Seeing that game's design pretty much seems to drive home the point of that 1Up article about what's wrong with the J-market currently.

Not at all, in fact if anything this is an exception to what I think many people find irritating about the entire concept of moe. My own problem with moe is that there's an uncomfortable sexualization aspect where it isn't wanted or even really appropriate. This game just looks like it's trying to make all the characters look like plushies/teddy bear things, which is actually...well, cute.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

I'm not going to judge the gameplay without trying it but the characters look retarded.

Really?

I sort of felt the cute SD sprites were the only appealing part of this.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »

7 minutes of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Hai.

These guys from Famitsu are fun to watch.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »

7 minutes of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Hai.

These guys from Famitsu are fun to watch.
"It looks like something went wrong with you're request! Check the url to make sure it's entered correctly."

Besides the link being broken, I presume the site's owner discourages grammar lessons?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »

Works for me, but lately the site has some problems loading for some reason. Anyway here's the link: http://andriasang.com/comy8r/
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »

That was odd to watch. Eee!

(The girl kept getting an E grade)
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »

...creepy and uncanny. Seeing that game's design pretty much seems to drive home the point of that 1Up article about what's wrong with the J-market currently.

Ironic considering their preview of the game (and its visuals) was actually rather positive.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 02:57:33 AM »

Levels in the video? Huh, maybe leaving this here wasn't a bad call. I'll see when it comes out.

And man, this kind of looks like Ouendan. Maybe if it's seriously a good knock off I'll check it out when it comes out.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »

Huh, maybe just me then. I was almost certain that dollification qualified up there with "diapering" as one of those weird moe aspect that's been floating around the convention art circuit lately. Regardless I still stand by my opinion that those are some damn creepy faces. ~.~
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:39 AM »

The faces do look kind of odd, but the superdeformed look has been around since before moe became popular. It shows up a lot in the Slayers and that's much older than the moe movement.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »

They basically have faces like Eastern emoticons. It's more or less like putting a simplistic smiley face on a recognized character design in order to make it look more juvenile/cute. It's also popular in mascots at times- see things like Qoo.

I'm not the kind of person that sees these things and flips out over how adorable they are, but I'm not such a hardass that I have to act irritated at the creation of anything that's meant to be puppy dog cute. It's the uncomfortable unison of childish cuteness and sexual overtones that makes moe annoying to me, and what I think tends to irritate lots of other people. I'm under the impression when people make fun of stuff that's purely meant to be cute it's done with a note of sarcasm, like making fun of Teletubbies or something.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »

I think that some of you guys need to remember what moe is, remember "Criminal Girls" for the PSP?

Yep.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »

Okay, that looks creepy.

I don't mind moe when it's like Kanon or Clannad, but that? Eughh.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »

For a moment there I actually thought it might be an interesting twist to a battle system, then I realised that the game is probably just a bunch of random scenes with a rhythm game slapped on top. Also, that chime sound every time you hit the mark is terribly annoying.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »

I just don't see how this can compare to the 2 (and there exist probably more) free alternatives I know that seem to do this a lot better.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: