Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 12:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338728 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Thread of people Dancing Mad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Thread of people Dancing Mad  (Read 11609 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2011, 06:30:29 AM »

For a moment there I actually thought it might be an interesting twist to a battle system, then I realised that the game is probably just a bunch of random scenes with a rhythm game slapped on top. Also, that chime sound every time you hit the mark is terribly annoying.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first as well. If this is just going to be a boring, generic rhythm game with FF wallpaper slapped on then I'm not the least bit interested- I'll just go play Ouendan again.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-announced-for-summer-release-in-useu/

Necroing for a confirmed western release, for those who care.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »

As a  huge rhythm game fan, it's relevant to my interests, but owning a 3DS, not so much.
I loathe non-region free handhelds, and there's a lot of great 3DS stuff that's probably never coming out here.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »

I am pretty stoked about this announcement... much more so then the .hack fighting game announcement I caught this morning right alongside this tidbit in my crunchyroll news.... rythym aside, I'm just excited to play as little sprite incarnations of many of the characters in the latter FF games no matter how they let me do it.... Klyde loves the 2d sprites of old, Klyde loves the FF soundtracks thus Klyde figures this can't be bad.... Then again Klyde has been surprise at how bad FF could prove to be in the past..... So excited as I am, I do still remain skeptical... errr, Klyde does..... wait who am I again?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »

I've haven't heard or read bad things about Theatrhythm. Othen than the classic "Who cares about a rhythm game? Give us Versus XIII already!", but that's another story.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »

I've haven't heard or read bad things about Theatrhythm. Othen than the classic "Who cares about a rhythm game? Give us Versus XIII already!", but that's another story.

Indeed, quite the opposite, I've only heard good things.  It sold out of its entire first shipment in Japan, too.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »

I want... but I'm blue how much is thrown into DLC.
I wish if games were gonna do that, they'd charge the base, incomplete product a bit less (wishful thinkin').

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 04:20:00 AM »

Final Fantasy Versus XIII song appears as DLC For Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Is Somnus, the song that many fans have been hearing for like... 4 years if not more. Geez.

Thanks for making me feel old for a moment there Square Enix. :|
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 04:21:21 AM »

You know they fucked up when remembering the announcement of a game yet to come out makes you feel old.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »

Now I know how those poor dudes waiting for Duke Nukem Forever felt waiting for the damn thing to come out.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 05:20:51 AM »

Now I know how those poor dudes waiting for Duke Nukem Forever felt waiting for the damn thing to come out.

Except this is more likely to actually be good.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »

You know they fucked up when remembering the announcement of a game yet to come out makes you feel old.

It's a game that was announced alongside two other games that not only both have come out, but one underwent a massive restructuring while the other got a full blown sequel.

Hell, it was announced around the same time SSBB was announced and now people have begun to expect that game's sequel to be announced, and these fuckers only come up once per console generation.

In fact, the Wii hadn't come out when Versus was first announced but now its successor is looming on the horizon, and we're still no closer to a Versus release then we were back then.

Of course, with both FF XII's and XIII's development cycle and what ended up resulting therein I haven't even bothered to give a fuck for years. It's more like every so often I keep getting reminded by Squeenix that this shit still exists.

It wouldn't be so bad had Squeenix not been so fucking insane with their Faburousu Noba Cristalsis but like every other Squeenix compilation thus far, this one has been just as spectacular of a failure as the rest.

Except this is more likely to actually be good.

Although I won't argue that this won't turn out as badly as DNF as that was aiming for 90's toilet attitude to begin with and still managed to fall short.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »

"Somnus" in Action

"A kind user has uploaded a video of TRFF's version of FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII’s Somnus in action.

As you can see, the characters must travel through the Shinjuku-like city where Noctis and co. reside. Pretty cool, huh?"

Source: Nova Crystallis
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »

"What Becomes of Us" from Type-0 will be available as DLC for Theatrhythm in September.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

FINAL FANTASY VIII "The Extreme"
FINAL FANTASY XII "Esper Battle"
FINAL FANTASY IV "Fight 2"
FINAL FANTASY II "Dungeon"

Thursday, September 13, 2012

FINAL FANTASY VIII "The Castle"
FINAL FANTASY XII "The Battle for Freedom"
FINAL FANTASY I "Undersea Shrine"
FINAL FANTASY Type-0 "What Becomes of Us"

Thursday, September 20, 2012

FINAL FANTASY VIII "Force Your Way"
FINAL FANTASY XI "Ragnarok"
FINAL FANTASY I "Matoya’s Cave"
FINAL FANTASY II "Tower of Mages"

Source: Nova Crystallis
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »

Just played the demo today. I don't normally go for this type of game, but I've found it to be surprisingly pleasant so far. Even managed to perfect one song on Basic. I might pick up the game soon, though it's sold out on Amazon. Not in a rush, of course.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: