Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:01:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327290 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type 0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type 0  (Read 18946 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »

We don't have a thread for this yet and since there have been several updates now is a good time to start.

Game is almost done.
"all that remains in the game's development is tuning and debugging."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/15/ff_type_zero_director_post/

Official site:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/

20 minute gameplay video released in May in case you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkC1lPinIus&feature=related

New battle gameplay videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IGyWfLjteVs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zW9YAO2KP4&feature=player_embedded

Best PSP game ever? Will it even be released on the PSP outside of Japan or go straight to Vita/PS3? Will it be put on the PSstore like other PSP games or will it be part of the PSP HD remasters series? Questions, questions...

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:40:07 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »

Are any of those FF games ever going to come out is they only thing I'm wondering here.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:41 PM »

holding my breathe that it comes to america. it looks very interesting.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »

I don't really think you need to HOPE it comes to America, except hope it comes out on the PSP still. It's a major FF game, if they can't bring it out on PSP they'll probably port it to 3DS or PS Vita. Hell, they might do those anyway.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that we'll be getting this, the question is on what platform?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »

With the recent announcement of PS3 versions of several PSP games I guess that's a possibility too, though it would be a little strange to only release it that way.  And PSP games are already playable on the Vita, so that would just be a matter of selling it on a Vita memory card instead of a UMD.  3DS seems a lot less likely.  That would require an actual port to a completely different platform.

I do hope they at least make it available for the PSP via PSN, even if they don't do a retail release.  It's not like that would require a big investment.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 09:24:07 AM »

I truly wonder why some publishers, especially the big or medium sized ones, make so much of a mystery to localize some games. Especially those that can be sold online on PS3 and Xbox 360. Say the Tales series for example, if Namco thinks it would bomb in retailers just sell it online to whoever wants it. I mean, a bunch of "untrained" people can do undubs, fan translations and etc why can't a big publisher hire some folks for a few months to work on it ?

As for Type-0, I think square will probably try to release alongside Vita. We know the drill, new system, not many games, so if you're gonna buy something buy our game, especially since sony didn't announce any RPGs for Vita's release so far (although I'm sure they're gonna beg Capcom to squeeze a Monster Hunter).

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 12:16:41 PM »

One thing I'm not looking forward to about Type-0 on the PSP is that it sounds like you need to use the Monster Hunter-style 'claw' to play it.  Yes, it's yet another game that would have benefited from a second analog stick.  Maybe having it on anther platform (that actually has the necessary controls) isn't such a bad thing...

Elincia

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »

Totally agree.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

"Crystarium" spotted in Final Fantasy Type-0
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

With the recent announcement of PS3 versions of several PSP games I guess that's a possibility too, though it would be a little strange to only release it that way.  And PSP games are already playable on the Vita, so that would just be a matter of selling it on a Vita memory card instead of a UMD.  3DS seems a lot less likely.  That would require an actual port to a completely different platform.

SCEA may have a bug up their ass about just releasing Type-0 on the PS3 alone, and even if they didn't it is designed as a portable game, so I'd rather have it on a portable platform. As for the 3DS, while I don't doubt the environment's different it DOES have all the capabilities I imagine Type-0 needs. Cards can hold up to 8 gigabytes (which will probably expand over time), it has the same number of gameplay buttons though camera control could be an issue, and the system is undoubtedly stronger given how the port of OoT creams most PSP games visually. The biggest thing going against it is probably the current penetration in the US for the 3DS, and something like Type-0 could well change that anyway.

Personally, I want it either on the PSP itself or the Vita most. Sounds like it really needs Dual analog and it's probably going to be a game that looks much nicer at a higher resolution and a reliable 30 FPS.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »

I just want to play it in English already regardless of what platform its on.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »

i'd prefer it on psp. every system needs a swan song game!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 05:06:09 AM »

Personally, I want it either on the PSP itself or the Vita most. Sounds like it really needs Dual analog and it's probably going to be a game that looks much nicer at a higher resolution and a reliable 30 FPS.

Agreed. The likely scenario is that we'll see it on PSP, Vita and maybe as a PS3 remaster very soon after.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 05:11:32 AM »

Agreed. The likely scenario is that we'll see it on PSP, Vita and maybe as a PS3 remaster very soon after.

Going by an Aksys employee posting on Neogaf remasters HAVE to be bundled with another game. Given the weight of FF and the fact the game's so huge it needs two UMDs anyway I guess SE could coerce SCEA into not following through with that policy for Type-0, but it does make a Vita port/update seem more likely unless they're going to be complete assholes about this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: