Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 06:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type 0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type 0  (Read 19942 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »

Even the Final Fantasy games with issues like XIII and Dirge of Cerberus are released here. I think the only exceptions are Final Mix type stuff, which this is not, and the cell phone games, which are because of technology issues. It's pretty likely it'll be released here regardless, even if its just a PSN game.

EDIT: I actually meant Final Fantasy XIV.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:40:32 PM by Zendervai » Logged
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »

Jesus, even Dissidia was brought here, and that was a genre that's almost completely tailored to Japan and Korea.

But good, if they said their going to do it, they'll do it. It would be a first, to my knowledge, for ANY game company, and S-E deffenitely has the budget and trackrecord to follow through with it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »

Jesus, even Dissidia was brought here, and that was a genre that's almost completely tailored to Japan and Korea.

I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about sometimes.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »

The Idea Factory crossover games almost always come out over here for some inexplicable reason, and the only other games of the same type as Dissidia that I can think of is Tales of Vs. which was very unlikely to be released anyway because of Namco Bandai's apparent policies. The third one is that Falcom designed one, and I think that one is more because Falcom isn't really a huge name here and Xseed has their hands full with Falcom's other games.
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2011, 11:55:15 PM »

Another TGS Demo impression, highlighting the improvements from the August demo and some interesting bits of plot:

http://psp.rpgsite.net/articles/314-final-fantasy-type0-tokyo-game-show-handson

There apparently 3 parts to demo: The first one talked about in the link, another with a city under siege (with World Map access) and the last one featuring a continuation of the Spider/Scoripion Mech boss battle from the summer demo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:22:16 AM by Iron Maw » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2011, 02:21:59 AM »

The third one is that Falcom designed one, and I think that one is more because Falcom isn't really a huge name here and Xseed has their hands full with Falcom's other games.

And it's coming too late. If Xseed got into their crazy fit around when they were formed in the first place and jumped on the Trails in the Skies games ASAP, they'd probably have managed to get far enough that we'd be anticipating the release of Zero no Kiseki and had gotten that in the mean time.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:26 AM »

I lost all the interest that I had for this (or anything with the Final Fantasy logo), I'm just wondering when was this game announced? It was... 2007? Either way, I'm pretty bored in waiting and waiting for Square Enix games to be released.

They seriously need to stop their bullshit of "Hey guys! We have a really cool trailer that is a concept for an awesome game. kthanksbye" 4+ years of development hell later the reception of the game is as mixed as the game is. I feel that the people at SE have really good ideas and concepts for games but they don't know how the fuck putting that shit in a video game and they keep working on it until they say "Fuck it, make the graphics better! Dem fools will just buy the game because it looks pretty." and I'm like why I even care about this? And the anwser is because I love FFIX and their soundtracks/albums.

So yeah, I'm out of here. :T
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2011, 03:31:27 AM »

I lost all the interest that I had for this (or anything with the Final Fantasy logo), I'm just wondering when was this game announced? It was... 2007? Either way, I'm pretty bored in waiting and waiting for Square Enix games to be released.

Maybe age is a factor, but I always find it odd when people fixate on it that much. Waiting on a game you want can suck, but there's always other games coming out in the meantime, and when there's no details (or barely anyway) what does it even matter? There's really nothing TO anticipate until it's more reasonably close to release date, as the case is here. Versus I can buy more, just because it sounds like it's actually a huge, more open game than FFXIII was and they actually put out a cinematic trailer. I thought it was exasperating, but some people loved it so whatever.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:33:51 AM by Eusis » Logged
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2011, 06:27:26 AM »

What should it matter how long a game is in development as long as it's good?

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »

The funny thing is that the game wasn't even indevelopment when it was first announced...

I agree that the game was announced stupidly early, but Yggdrasil's comment is still completely ridiculous.  I guess the moment a game is announced he stops playing anything else and just sits around waiting for it.  Even when the announcement consists of little more than a title (that was later changed) and a platform (that was later changed!).

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »

The funny thing is that the game wasn't even indevelopment when it was first announced...

I agree that the game was announced stupidly early, but Yggdrasil's comment is still completely ridiculous.  I guess the moment a game is announced he stops playing anything else and just sits around waiting for it.  Even when the announcement consists of little more than a title (that was later changed) and a platform (that was later changed!).

Yep, that's me.

Code:
You are taking what I said too literally.
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:32 AM »

Pretty cool info in this weeks Famitsu:

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=1685

Enkidu is human this time (and actually closer to his myth) and War and Airship battles sound pretty awesome too.

The scans are here BTW:
http://img177.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=166010215_4e7995ce_Final_Fantasy_Type_0_Famitsu_lcie_Scan_122_110lo.jpg
http://img247.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=601129730_www.dotup.org2049888_122_217lo.jpg
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »

First images of RTS-styled War-battles:

Diabolos (it's nice have a Dark-based summon again)

Arena/Colosseum

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:24:05 AM by Iron Maw » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2011, 05:59:18 AM »

Dear square, make it a Vita game for US
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: