Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327685 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition  (Read 1695 times)
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:27:35 PM »

Is anyone getting this? :D

I'd love to have a group of people from here to play against and maybe start tournaments with!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »

I don't trust Capcom enough to get this anywhere near launch. Even if it is an old game that's already been revised and face lifted several times. Its a great idea though. SFIII used to have a huge competitive community as far as I know.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »

Is anyone getting this? :D

I'd love to have a group of people from here to play against and maybe start tournaments with!

Good luck, but it usually doesn't work out here.  Too many divided by the console split and the rest say their internet isn't good enough.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:55:03 PM »

I'm getting it! Third Strike is my jam. Looking forward to beating up scrubs with Makoto.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »

I'm actually considering it. Thinking about SFIV arcade edition as well, since its not that expensive. On a side note, do any of the Capcom fighters use an online activation code like MK or will a used copy work just fine?

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »

I'm actually considering it. Thinking about SFIV arcade edition as well, since its not that expensive. On a side note, do any of the Capcom fighters use an online activation code like MK or will a used copy work just fine?

Used copy will be fine. This is going to be an online only release, though. I wish it wasn't since this is the best release of 3rd Strike yet and it would be nice to own a physical copy of it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »

I can't wait to fight like a gentlemen!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:57:30 AM »

I'l'surely get so just hit me up anytime. Since the game will be using GGPO I assume the netcode will be a lot better so there will probably be a lot less lag than other fighting games.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

It's very possible, but it's best not to get your hopes too high.  The developers called MvC3's netcode, "The speed of light", which in America at least, it clearly is not.

After all, don't forget that America is the land of hilariously slow internet (thankfully mine is not).

edit:  I see you aren't from the US.  You may have better luck then.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »

I'm from Brazil. It's pretty inconsistent here too. But hey, it can't be worse than MvC3 right ?

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »

Just so everyone is aware, this is coming out on PSN and Xbox Live this upcoming week on August 23rd for PSN and August 24th for XBL.

Also, if you are getting the PS3 version, you can preorder it on PSN now.  Doing so will net you a pretty cool dynamic PS3 theme for free..  Preorders over.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:01:31 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 07:57:43 AM »

So who is playing 3rd Strike? My PSN is Faded_Sun.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »

People are upset by a few things it seems.  PSN having a rough start up, weird errors, or ranked mode not working correctly. Super meter bars are shorter in some cases, making it harder to tell when your meter will fill up.  Some sound glitches occur with GGPO rollback that causes the sound to stop.  Also the PS3 has 2, maybe 3, frames of input lag.  That's not surprising because PS3 games have been like that, but having certain sticks or tv setups can compound the issue even further.  Apparently the 360 feels more like the arcade and the netplay is smoother on the initial day.  Definitely a lot of people mad saying it's not arcade perfect and various other things.  It was bad enough that someone from Capcom emailed/called a well-known arcade owner who was streaming his local battles with friends because they kept trashing it because of the input lag.

If you're wondering what version to go for, might want to lean towards the 360.  You may or may not notice the input lag depending on some factors, but it may be worth it just to go with the 360 just in case.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »

Lag input has been determined to be set up dependent. People have reported less input lag using CRT TVs. I'm playing on PSN and an LCD HDtv and I haven't noticed any input lag when playing offline or online. There have been some weird glitches when playing online like false KOs and some weird frame skip and sound issues though.

Looking for a ranked match sucks because there's no way of searching, it just pits you up against a random opponent from who knows where. Sometimes you'll get someone with a good ping, but more than likely you'll get a red ping.

Seth Killian has reported that their team has been flagging all issues and are working on it. I would expect a patch sometime in the future.

http://twitter.com/#!/sethkillian

It's under a reply to Haunts.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

Well, a CRT would reduce it, but the 2 frames will still there.  The guys complaining about it are playing it on the same cab that ran SBO qualifiers with 0 lag.  Also he owns an arcade so he's pretty familiar with CRTs. I wonder how much of it is baked into the PS3 (my guess, all of it).  S/SF4 had the same issue with PS3s.

Looking for a ranked match sucks because there's no way of searching, it just pits you up against a random opponent from who knows where. Sometimes you'll get someone with a good ping, but more than likely you'll get a red ping.

Yeah, that sucks.  That's like MvC3.  I can see why they don't want you to be able to pick your ranked opponent, but getting matched up with someone who has a really bad connection fucking sucks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:06:23 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: