Author Topic: Troy Davis case

Tartarus

• I'm resolved and without reservation
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Davis case
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »
Obama wanted Guantanamo Bay detention camp closed down years ago. He described it as a "sad chapter in American history". Troy Davis is another sad chapter. But Guantanamo Bay lives on...

Really sickening. I need to avoid the news. Phoenix Wright is our only hope.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:52 PM »
Funny.

It's hilarious how America will whine about other countries executing people without solid evidence then do it themselves.

Did I say hilarious? I meant revolting. I am appalled and disgusted. There are no words strong enough.

Oh, I can think of a few.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

TiamatNM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
I won't claim to know a lot about this case but it seems like there are too many unanswered questions here to just go ahead with the execution (of course now it is too late). 

Those people who recanted their statements from the original trial though...they either lied back in the original trial, or they are lying now.  In either case they are lying at some point and I think that destroys their credibility. 

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 04:40:14 PM »
Those people who recanted their statements from the original trial though...they either lied back in the original trial, or they are lying now.  In either case they are lying at some point and I think that destroys their credibility. 

I believe they stated that they were under duress by the police to produce a yes answer.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »

I believe they stated that they were under duress by the police to produce a yes answer.

This just gets more and more awful.