Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:52:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319255 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  RPGFan still likes game music
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan still likes game music  (Read 1314 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:30:41 PM »

Proof: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1905.html

(it's also on the frontpage).

I love you Stephen. So much.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »

I love your love, as well.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »

Hooray~!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »

Is this a tear I'm blinking back? It must be dust.

Looking forward to future reviews! Speaking of reviews, how does one go on submitting a review out of curiosity? The same it has always been according to the guidelines or has there been additions to those rules? This is out of curiosity because perhaps one day I'd like to submit a review of my own. :3
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:10:45 AM by Wild Armor » Logged

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:13:26 AM »

Wild Armor,

Generally we can locate the image and audio files on our own these days, but if you're willing to help us get them for the review, that's fine too.

Be sure to either use soundtracks@rpgfan.com or send a PM direct to Stephen M (Taelus) with the text of your review. Or just let us know what you're interested in reviewing.

We could use the help on newer stuff, as well as really old obscure stuff (off the top of my head, "Madara" and "Fire Emblem" are two franchises where we sorely lack music reviews).

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »

I'll provide audio and images for the reviews of OSTs I own when it comes to that. I'll keep the rest of the details in mind when feeling inspired to review an OST in the future. Thanks for getting back to me. :3

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »

I'll provide audio and images for the reviews of OSTs I own when it comes to that. I'll keep the rest of the details in mind when feeling inspired to review an OST in the future. Thanks for getting back to me. :3

We also wouldn't need audio/image samples for something we already have a review for. And if we already have two reviews for one album, we generally don't want a third. In other words: much as I love you, we probably don't need the "mainstream" stuff re-covered. I'm lookin at you, FF I through X.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

We also wouldn't need audio/image samples for something we already have a review for. And if we already have two reviews for one album, we generally don't want a third. In other words: much as I love you, we probably don't need the "mainstream" stuff re-covered. I'm lookin at you, FF I through X.

Haha! Thank you kindly for the specifics, I'll be sure to steer clear from the mainstream titles. I wouldn't want to review them anyways... a great deal amount of people have already had that pleasure long before it was ever a thought on my mind. ;)

My only real question is this: What is the scope of what games I can do a review for? Are they limited to RPGs, or can it go beyond that genre so long as I stay in the video game category? I ask because there's a mix in the review section and wondering if this is still an ongoing theme or would you rather it kept to RPGs. Thanks

If you're curious on what I own: Music Collection

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »

Wild Armor -- our soundtracks are limited to "games RPGFan covers." Name a CD in our current reviews pile you think isn't RPG enough, and I'll happily tell you why it's there.

Note:

1) graphic adventures, digital novels, etc., fall into our realm of coverage. See Phoenix Wright, 999, Ever17, Myst, etc

2) If we're talking about a compilation CD, a minimum of 30% of the content has to be from games in our realm of coverage. See Retro Remix Vol. 2, Melody of Legend, "GAME," etc

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »

Wild Armor -- our soundtracks are limited to "games RPGFan covers." Name a CD in our current reviews pile you think isn't RPG enough, and I'll happily tell you why it's there.

Note:

1) graphic adventures, digital novels, etc., fall into our realm of coverage. See Phoenix Wright, 999, Ever17, Myst, etc

2) If we're talking about a compilation CD, a minimum of 30% of the content has to be from games in our realm of coverage. See Retro Remix Vol. 2, Melody of Legend, "GAME," etc

Alright I see what you mean when you say graphic adventures and digital novels. Thanks, I saw Touch Detective in the reviews and was a bit confused, but you nailed it on the first point.

The exception I was thinking was this: Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle OST

But even you state in the beginning you shouldn't be reviewing it, so I'll take it was one of those "Blue Moon" reviews. I don't blame ya, I have that soundtrack purchased from iTunes and enjoy it greatly. :3

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »

I through in that review PRIMARILY so I could rave about the English ver of Nocturne, which applies to Symphony of the Night. I actually had to argue with our editor-in-chief (Eric Farand) before posting just to get permission to review the album. See, we DO have standards! :) :)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: