Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  3DS vs. Vita - which will be the RPG'ers choice?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 3DS vs. Vita - which will be the RPG'ers choice?  (Read 7061 times)
Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 04:06:52 AM »

I think this one concerns JRPG fans more than everyone else. So take that into consideration, Themadcow.

That's a great point, and yeah - I'm from the UK so we're afflicted with the fact that a lot of RPG's, even if localized for the US, don't make it over to the UK because of the percieved (or maybe even legal) need to translate into German, Spanish, French etc.

As far as I know this would affect 3DS games and DSi enhanced games, but wouldn't affect me playing older or unenhanced games such as SMT: Strange Journey or Etrian Odyssey.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »

"Which will be the RPG'ers choice?" The one that that will have the games that the "RPG'er" is interested in. Kind of hard to guess at this point which one that will be, since the 3DS's library mainly consists of N64 remakes and the Vita isn't even out yet...

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:33 AM »

What if Sony allows you to use the Vita as a controller for the PS4? That would be great, despite the lack of R2 and L2 buttons.

It seems that Sony read my post...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-sony-use-vita-as-a-ps3-controller

But they're planning on implementing that idea early for the PS3. Sounds good to me.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »

What if Sony allows you to use the Vita as a controller for the PS4? That would be great, despite the lack of R2 and L2 buttons.

It seems that Sony read my post...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-sony-use-vita-as-a-ps3-controller

But they're planning on implementing that idea early for the PS3. Sounds good to me.

Sounds good here. The Vita/PS3 would probably be a better combo than whatever the WiiU is going to do
narutomaki

Email
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »

The Vita cause atm there's Dragon's Crown, Ruin, a new game from the Falcom (aiming for launch release), rumored Disgaea 3 and FFXI coming for it

the 3DS, at my knowledge, is only devil survivor, rune factory and tri ace game
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 01:15:01 AM »

Don't forget about Paper Mario.

Besides, there's always the chance that some of these proposed games wont come out for the Vita either. At least the 3DS is going through that phase now, so when it comes time for the Vita to get shaken down the 3DS will hopefully have a more solid and committed line-up set.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: