Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327473 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  A place to decide the most popular RPG.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: A place to decide the most popular RPG.  (Read 5363 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 01:52:28 PM »

No such thing as the "best RPG ever". This will only decide which RPG has the most dedicated spam base. If I was a betting man, my money would be on FFVII. That game has some of the most dedicated and twisted fanboys ever to grace the internet. So, I assume they would be more than willing to spend weeks juggling IPs and accounts each day, just to rack up votes for their favourite game.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
SquarePenix

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »

Vandal Hearts at #23? :D
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

Lists like this are bullshit and bad for you.

darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »

I think I see what ticks off Aeolus so much. It didn't really bother seeing lousy games like FF8 and Suikoden 4 high on the list, but seeing stellar games like Saiyuki: Journey West and the Puzzle Quests so low saddened me.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »

I'm surprised that Mimana Iyar Chronicle is in the top 200 (and rated higher than Anachronox to boot.)  I *STILL* have a hard time believing people actually LIKED that piss poor excuse of a video game. 

I approve of this nonsense!
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »

I'm surprised that Mimana Iyar Chronicle is in the top 200 (and rated higher than Anachronox to boot.)  I *STILL* have a hard time believing people actually LIKED that piss poor excuse of a video game. 

Oh. So it's ranked higher than Demon's Souls.

I have no words.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »

Shadow Hearts is about 330 spots below DQ8, at 7th place.
And apparently Cross Edge is better than Recettear.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:42:54 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 04:59:45 PM »

I think when something gets added, its put at the bottom, which would mean that if a bad game was added before a good game, it would look like it was ranked higher. I was shocked that Blazing Souls: Accelate was higher than Persona 4.
Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 03:57:35 AM »

The Dark Queen of Krynn is the pinnacle of the gold box games.

Technically, sure. But Pools of Darkness was the better game - reviewed better, and seems to have had a better user score (for example at Gamespot) than the Krynn series.

The gold box games were generally awesome but Pools of Darkness just seemed to have an X factor that made it immensely enjoyable.
Symbios

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 04:08:06 AM »

Regardless of anything else it is an impressive list, and while many hate ranking and listing many more love it, and it can at least cause discussion and maybe bring something into relevance that is unknown/unheard of or simply forgotten.

Thank you, even if only one person find an interest in that work, I'm Happy^^.

I tried to take your opinions in consideration to uprank / downrank games. I played MANY RPGs but of course not all of them. If there are other big aberrations in the list, i will try to correct them. (Of course it will be faster if you vote as well^^)

Lists like this are bullshit and bad for you.

Isn't it just a bit too much ?^^

I think when something gets added, its put at the bottom, which would mean that if a bad game was added before a good game, it would look like it was ranked higher. I was shocked that Blazing Souls: Accelate was higher than Persona 4.

Yeah a new entry will start at 0 point so at the bottom of the list. But it can go up quite fast. I tried to make an exhaustive list but if i forgot just add it (before adding anything, just be sure to try Ctrl + F) or just tell me. However yes, it will take some times for new great games to find their place in the list.
I'm sure that Persona 4 is ranked far higher than Blazing souls : Accelate.

For those who want to make the list more to their liking, you can click ten times a day the rank up for each game and three times the rank down. (I think the more you vote, the more point you can add to a game. Yeah it's stupid but I was not the one who chose the rules...)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:13:35 AM by Symbios » Logged
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »

I don't think what i said was too much at all. When i posted that this thread said deciding the "best rpg" lists like that only bring out morons and fanboys who fight over what they think is "best" when it's really only a matter of taste. Some people will tell you Big Rigs is the best game ever, doesn't mean we're all supposed to agree with it.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »

The Tetris L Block winning GameFaqs character battle comes to mind.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

The Tetris L Block winning GameFaqs character battle comes to mind.

How is that even a character :/

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »

Yeah, it's ridiculous L block won. Z block is way cooler since it's all twisted, same goes for its twin S block. Don't you love those edgy characters? Straight it just overcompensating though. It's funny once, but then you just hate having to depend on that one. And Square is just boring and predictable. Now T block, that one is underrated. I love how it always finds a way to fix whatever mess the other blocks get into.

Sorry, that hasn't been funny since the first Tetris fanfic was written but I just had to get it out. Totally serious about the T block though. T blocks rock. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:49:27 PM by Tomara » Logged
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »

I don't think I should be allowed to vote in this at all. I think The World Ends With You is the best RPG out there. Oh god, it feels so wrong to say that.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: