Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327941 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Chantelise demo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Chantelise demo  (Read 5829 times)
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »

I made it farther last night and beat the first boss. I'm starting to really like this game. It's getting very fun and I'm really liking the cute, moe artwork. :) Glad I bought it.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »

I have a wireless XBox 360 controller. Will that work?

Not without a special adapter, which apparently isn't very easy to find now. It might be easier just to buy a new controller. The 360 one does has the advantage that it works with many new PC games without having to configure anything.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »

I guess I'll get a wired controller then if things turn nasty when I get the game.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »

I've had one of those adapters crap out on me, and the other had issues with another computer, so I'd just recommend grabbing a wired one. Handy backup too in case your batteries die in the wireless one and you need/want to get up and running again ASAP. Or just want to save money on batteries, but there's rechargeables for that.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »

Or if all else fails, you can always get one of these. It connects your Xbox1 controller to the PC. There also ones that connects PS1/PS2 controllers to the PC. I use the PS2 one and it works pretty well for me.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-czx.html
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 08:26:23 PM »

A friend of mine has a PS2-PC adapter, and I've wanted one ever since.

damn, boa... http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000F6BGXY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1312244727&sr=8-1&condition=new

That's a good price.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »

Not to promote a site but if you wanted the gaming receivers -  ADMIN EDIT: Sorry, that link has modchips and can't be displayed here - is by far the best deal I've been able to find one them. I buy a decent amount of stuff from them and it sometimes takes a bit to ship but I've yet to not receive an item. Also I've never experienced and issue with the receiver or the controllers.

I'm up to the second boss in Chantelise and the game is not one I'd describe as hard mostly due to almost no penalty for death, you just are back in town and 3 minutes later you're back where you were but it is exceptionally easy to die especially against the bosses. So far I'm having the second best time a $10 game has ever given me (the best being Terraria)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:12:19 AM by Eusis » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »

My review of Chantelise is up! :D

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1944.html

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »

I'll probably skip this one since I'm wary of the gameplay, and if that aspect sucks, to me, nothing else matters.

beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »

I'll probably skip this one since I'm wary of the gameplay, and if that aspect sucks, to me, nothing else matters.

You should try the demo at least. I'm loving the gameplay a lot more than I first gave it credit for. At first it seemed just ok to me, but once I started getting more comfortable with the controls, I'm realizing how fun and good the gameplay is (provided you have a gamepad that you can use with it.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:58:14 PM by beach1 » Logged
Adapheon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »

My review of Chantelise is up! :D

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1944.html

My only complaint about the review is that Recettear is the successor to Chantelise so it makes a certain amount of sense to not hold up as well :P Otherwise I'd generally agree with you on the rest of it.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

Someone else brought that up as well. I knew that Chantelise was the older game when I was writing the review. I think people who have played Recettear and are thinking of playing Chantelise want to know whether it is better or worse than Recettear. That's just the way it goes because Recettear came out in the west first, so it's only natural that people are going to want to know how the game fares in comparison.

I also didn't say the game didn't hold up as well. :P My review is only 8% lower than Dincrest's Recettear review. You know what that 8% is? Originality. Recettear had the original Shop Keeping/Item Management aspect. Chantelise doesn't do anything original like that, it's just a good game for what it is.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »

8% for originality? bah
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »

8% for originality? bah

Your comment only has 1% originality! :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Adapheon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 02:37:45 PM »

I actually didn't look at the scores, I typically don't, I read the reviews and gather stuff from that. I read into that you thought it was not everything that Recettear was which it most definitely is not but I think for the people that don't know the game's history a bit of context is necessary to not see this is a step back for the releases that are being put out. I liked the review though and I'm definitely not some raging Chantelise fan, I just managed to beat the second boss but I'm enjoying myself and the game's style well enough for what it is.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: