Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:59:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319647 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Internet Dating, A.K.A. How to Scar Yourself Forever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Internet Dating, A.K.A. How to Scar Yourself Forever  (Read 3296 times)
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »

No girl I've known online and actually met offline has been normal.

I avoid internet dating like it's genital gangrene.

Are we talking purely dating sites? Because the women I've met through forums and meetup.com have all been pretty normal. The dudes have been weirder, if anything.

If I was single, I'd probably try internet dating. I think I'd generally rather try bars and clubs though.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

In general, my luck with meeting people I've known online has been discouraging, at best, and made me think mankind was actually evolved from a race of cannibalistic pigeon-rats, at worst.

Maybe I'm just some sort of insanity black hole that draws all kinds of craziness towards me. I dunno.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 12:35:37 AM »

Did these people seem normal when you talked to them online?

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 02:19:04 AM »

You tend to put your best foot forward, so yeah, for the most part. They had some quirks but nothing really unusual at first. It's after the screening period that they start throwing out crazy in chunks that could flatten the Hulk.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »

I dunno, some people get a bit weird fast. Remember, you're supposed to be putting your best foot forward so anything you see now will just be the tip of the iceberg. I do chat a little bit to screen out the obvious crazies, why bother dating them if they are obviously lying about their profile, have a temper, act looney or want things you don't (kids, religion, etc).

One problem with online dating is spending weeks/months chatting with a persona on the computer. Try to keep the dating pool to locals, and meet up sooner rather than later. It is harder to hide the "real person" in person than it is online, so that first date in a coffee shop or somewhere casual is the second screen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: