Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 09:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338613 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Loose ends... the games we have not finished and should we?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Loose ends... the games we have not finished and should we?  (Read 7104 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »

We all have em..... those titles that for one reason or another were abandonned somewhere along the way, if not entirely passed over.... and everytime we beat a game with that unfinished business sitting up on the shelf next to some new gem we've been waiting to get to we wonder "should we"? So I thought it would be fun and helpful to list a few and get some others oppinions as to whether or not they are worth finishing (or starting)......

This post was inspired after finally throwing FFX13 back in the system after abandonning it at chapter 12.... Its the only Final Fantasy I haven't finished and I must say.... I don't think I going to... Despite the fact that I am a completionist of sorts, I just can't stand this game.

Well anyhoo, heres my list:
FF13
Ogre Battle Tactics
Atelier Iris 2
Xenosaga 2
Valkyrie Chronicles
Valkyrie Profile
Catherine (I am already ready to move on from this one)
Eternal Sonata
Dragon Age 2
Lunar Eternal Blue (Technically I already beat this one but it was the original on Sega Cd and tis the remake which has been left unfinished)

So what do you guys think? Which should be finished and which should be glazed over until there is truly nothing better to play?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:02:32 AM »

ff13
wild arms 4
ff 12 revenant wings
brave story
SMT Nocturne
Xenosaga 2 and 3

Likely not to finish any of these.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:51:49 AM »

FF 13 (though I plan to before school starts again)

Xenosaga 2 (which I don't think I ever will)

Okami

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 02:33:53 AM »

Oh man, I am not listing my backlog.  Too depressing to see it all out in writing...

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:46 AM »

'bout the only game I still have that's resting unfinished is Neptunia. Not really in the mood for it, nor have I been for quite some time. :-\
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »

I also have Nocturne but I think I'll go back to it someday. On the top of my head one the ones I won't probably go back to are:
Star Ocean 4
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3
Oblivion

The last two I really enjoyed and I did so many sidequest that I think I got my enjoyment from them with at least 30 hours in each game. As for Eternal Sonata there are way too many parts that simply drag and Star Ocean 4 is a downhill slope, it only gets worse.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »

Dark Cloud 2
FFVIII
La Pucelle
FFVI
FFIV
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Growlanser II
Growlanser III
Arc the Lad II
Front Mission 3
Front Mission 4
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Star Ocean 2
Star Ocean 3
Chrono Cross
Saga Frontier
Brave Fencer Musashi
Suikoden III
SMT Nocturne
Persona 2: EP
Grandia II

I'm sure I've left a few off, but yeah...I'm bad at finishing games. Or I was. Of the five or six I actually own now, I've finished the majority of at this point. I won't be finishing any of the above titles as I no longer own them.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 10:40:03 AM »

Grandia 2 because the plot just got offensively bad, Star Ocean 2 because I spent more time breaking the game than I would've needed to have actually played it, Star Ocean 3 because it's Star Ocean 3, and a bunch of others that I don't care to name at this point in time.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »

ff13
wild arms 4
ff 12 revenant wings
brave story
SMT Nocturne
Xenosaga 2 and 3

Likely not to finish any of these.
FF 13 (though I plan to before school starts again)

Xenosaga 2 (which I don't think I ever will)

Okami

Its nice to see I am not the only one having problems with FF13...... Even after my post last night though I must confess.... I spent 5 more hours more of grinding through chapter twelve and into 13.... I just can't stand having an unfinished FF under my belt..... at least of the main series...... so it looks like, being the completionist-fool I am, I will be finishing it after all......

Dark Cloud 2
FFVIII
La Pucelle
FFVI
FFIV
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Growlanser II
Growlanser III
Arc the Lad II
Front Mission 3
Front Mission 4
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Star Ocean 2
Star Ocean 3
Chrono Cross
Saga Frontier
Brave Fencer Musashi
Suikoden III
SMT Nocturne
Persona 2: EP
Grandia II

I'm sure I've left a few off, but yeah...I'm bad at finishing games. Or I was. Of the five or six I actually own now, I've finished the majority of at this point. I won't be finishing any of the above titles as I no longer own them.

If I had to pick any of the games off this list to pick back up it would be Growlanser...... Actually Growlanser Generations is on my list as well due to the fact that my disc got wrecked and I never got another copy.... right at the very end too....... forgot about that one..... freakin' awesome titles though

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »

Oh man, I am not listing my backlog.  Too depressing to see it all out in writing...

Same here.
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »

I have acquired quite a backlog of games over the past couple years after getting a ton on super duper sale. I have found I am one of those awful people that enjoying having games just to have them. So if I haven't started playing them yet, I'm not super stressed about it. I almost always play games to completion. Even if it means coming back every couple years to hack away at the game for another couple weeks. I take this same strategy with reading. Because of this I am only going to list games I've actually started playing, and not count any games I have purchased but haven't actually started (popping it in for a test drive doesn't count):

Games I still want to finish:
  • SaGa Frontier II - I'm so close, but it has just gotten so hard at the end. I love this game though, so, so much.
  • SMT: Digital Devil Saga I - Really, really cool game. This one is slated to go back into rotation December this year. Very close to finishing.
  • Bioshock - Working on this one right now. I should be done pretty soon since it is so easy and so short. It's been a let down thus far, but it is fun enough to play.
  • Planescape: Torment - Working on this one right now. I started using a guide just to make things faster. I don't regret that decision at all.
  • Etrian Odyssey III - Working on this one right now. This is a long term project. I'll probably take an extended break after I complete the second stratum, which I should do sometime in the next couple weeks.

Games I doubt I'll ever pick up again:
  • SaGa Frontier - Too much overlap between the stories. There are a couple of the stories I do want to finish, just not the whole thing.
  • Final Fantasy IX - I've come close the playing through this game again and actually finishing it. The fact of the matter is despite the strength of the characters, I just find the whole game incredibly bland.
  • Xenosaga I - I'm in one of the last dungeons, but the difficulty has spiked a lot and I just lost interest. The game never grabbed me and the idea that I'll need to play through two more games in the series to get the full effect really kills my motivation, even if the final installment is supposed to be quite good.

Games I'm not sure about:
  • Rogue Galaxy - I actually was enjoying this game a lot, then other stuff came up. I have sort of lost motivation with, but I could see myself coming back.
  • Mega Man Legends 2 - Same story as Rogue Galaxy.

There are probably more, but I am forgetting them :S
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »

Most games I play for more than a few hours I finish, but here are a few that I feel I liked and I gave them enough of a chance but probably will never actually finish for one reason or another.

Final Fantasy X-2: just couldn't get into it, plus saw my son beat it so....
Odin Sphere: between lag and cheap deaths I about lost my mind
.hack (OUTBREAK): after INFECTION and MUTATION just felt like same old same old
Disgaea Hour of darkness: after 90 hrs I began to wonder does it have an end? lol
Drakengard: maybe one day, but damn I died ALOT
Folklore: I've tried several times...dunno...just get kinda bored
Persona PSP: wanted to love it but man, between encounter rate and difficulty of battles...
Star Ocean The Last Hope: how many reasons ya want?

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »

RPGS I have in the wing and will play soon after I finish what I'm on:

Nier
Dragon Age II
Infinite Undiscovery
Valjyria Chronicles

That says nothing about all the ps2 games I bought last year. I'm in no hurry for those.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 04:47:32 PM »

Let's go console by console.

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia
GBA: Yggdra Union, FFV, FFVI
DS: Knights in the Nightmare, Radiant Historia, FFIV, FFTA2, Strange Journey, Ace Attorney
PSX/2: FFVII, Symphony of the Night, Xenosaga Episode 1, Mana Khemia, Shadow if the Colossus
Gamecube: Skies of Arcadia, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker
XBox 360: Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock
Wii: Okami

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 05:14:39 PM »

Just two, Demon's Souls and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. I can't finish this two because these games literally kick my ass so hard (I like them a lot for the same reason though).

...I've never finished Final Fantasy Tactics and Mega Man X4 now that I remember, eh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: