Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 08:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334485 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FF:MQ -- Confession Time
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: FF:MQ -- Confession Time  (Read 3215 times)
James8BitStar

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 09:13:10 PM »

When I first played FF:MQ (which was after having experienced other RPGs, IIRC), I at first was pissed.  I was like, "What?  You can't go where you want, you have to travel on these set paths?  Dear God, WHY?"  But later, the game grew on me.  The awesome music helped--I'm a sucker for awesome music.

Today, I'm playing the game again, and I actually like it BECAUSE it's a step down.  I mean, I love deep, complicated RPGs with huge worlds and battle systems that put an emphasis on tactics (not much of a story-monger personally), but every once in awhile I need a simple game that succeeds simply at being fun.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »

I actually really like the game.  I think the music was pretty good and I thought the dungeons were fun to navigate and get through.  The battles weren't terrible.

From a storyline standpoint, no, it is not a good game, but overall, I liked it!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

For me Mystic Quest was a alright series. but the music was the beat part about it.

Also i'm guess im one of the few people who managed to get the main character to his maximum level 41.

But it was worth all that leveling up.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »

When I played it, I DID enjoy it. I attribute this mainly to the awesome soundtrack. Great music can truly make a mediocre game a much better experience, at least for me.
Makes me sad how absent great music is in modern games. Probably one of the reasons for my declining interest in games in general.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 06:22:16 PM »

Honestly, I don't think I ever actually played MQ. I played FFII... then moved on to FFIII... I must have skipped over it ... or it just never really caught my interest.

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Revchu

22055238 revchu@hotmail.com Raivictis
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 10:55:12 AM »

MQ was actually the first RPG I had ever played, my brother brought it over when he lent us his SNES for a week. I never passed it back then, and the style of gameplay was rather new to me. I didn't know what was to become of Phoebe for several years.

When I started downloading ROMs, this was the first game I searched for and passed. It was around the same time I started getting into RPGs entirely, so I went back and started at the beginning.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 01:24:51 PM »

The game was fairly simple but I was very pleased to play FF-MQ back then. This game belongs to my best memories. The atmosphere and the soundtrack put together were wonderful. The last boss was very well done too, and I liked the serene ending scene with the ship.

So FF-MQ never seemed as a horrible game to me. Besides it was sold only $40.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: