Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338072 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Arc the Lad, here I come.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Arc the Lad, here I come.  (Read 5658 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »

OK sitting here reading this prompted me to do an EBAY search, got II and III at a great price, for various reasons I is proving to be elusive, so question, can II and III be played w/o knowledge of I or is it (at least) somewhat necessary for continuity?

Did you get the discs-only or something? Because aside from the PSN re-release, they were only released as part of a collection in North America. Anyway, this ebay auction is the disc for the first AtL.

And I won that auction! Arc the Lad for $14.99, sometimes I love EBAY! Thanks again for the heads up!

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 07:02:23 PM »

I found a copy of the collection today. It was complete! \(^^)/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 02:43:49 AM »

I found a copy of the collection today. It was complete! \(^^)/

Congrats :D  The guide is a nice snag too even though people say it's pointless but I don't think so.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
GarrIguess

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »

Guys, need some help here. I know that it was said Choko was extremely handy to have, can I make it through the forbidden ruins at level 45?
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »

I forget what level I was when I got Choko. I would love to help you but I haven't played Arc 1 since 2002.  It takes awhile to complete that dungeon too.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
GarrIguess

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 12:30:39 AM »

I forget what level I was when I got Choko. I would love to help you but I haven't played Arc 1 since 2002.  It takes awhile to complete that dungeon too.

It's cool, thank you for trying to remember. I only asked on here because I try to avoid looking up guides if at all possible. May have to break down and peak at it. Still, so anxious for 2 I about wanna just beat 1 and go on, lol.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2011, 03:15:17 AM »

Just one thing to say about Arc the Lad II, no spoilers either, you can carry your data over and get ready to put in over 100 hours, easily.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 06:09:29 AM »

I watched the making of CD that came with the box, and it said that Arc II was something along the lines of 50 hours because people complained that Arc I was only 10 hours, or something along those lines.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »

Arc 1 was originally going to be part of Arc2 but then shit happened.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »

Arc 1 was originally going to be part of Arc2 but then shit happened.

Though in this case, the shit may have well been for the better; if the game hadn't been split, the improvements that had been made to Arc 2 might not have been made at all; instead of one short, mediocre game, and one long-ass, really good game, we might have just gotten one medium-length, mediocre game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:56:45 PM by badsanta » Logged
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

Guys, need some help here. I know that it was said Choko was extremely handy to have, can I make it through the forbidden ruins at level 45?

Yeah, that should be a good level. You'll probably gain some more while you're there.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »

I watched the making of CD that came with the box, and it said that Arc II was something along the lines of 50 hours because people complained that Arc I was only 10 hours, or something along those lines.

That was my only gripe with Arc 1, the short length.  It's simply an underrated masterpiece in my opinion, just like how I feel about Opoona on the Wii.

GarrIguess

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

Just wasted 3 hours of my day going through the temple and lost too many characters so by the 46th floor, couldn't make it.......awesome.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2011, 03:12:07 AM »

I went through it three times. My game froze twice after reaching a certain floor (I think it was 47) and trying to kill the enemies there. It happened after concluding the first turn both times. So the third time I rushed straight to the next floor and got Choko without further difficulty. I think I got there in one turn by giving Arc or Tosh something to boost their movement...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: