Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 12:09:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327422 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced  (Read 33080 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

Yeah, I have a tendency to edit my posts, usually if I catch a typo or want to quickly add something. But, every now and again I'll decide that I either didn't get my point across clearly enough or in this case, came across a little more aggressively than I intended. I don't mind having a heated debate, but don't want anything turning into an argument.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:34 PM »

The funny thing is that Capcom is not repeating the exact same thing they did that caused the fighting game genre to crash and burn back in the days of Street Fighter 2. Eventually their oversaturation is going to kill the fighting genre AGAIN, and if there's a merciful God, he'll let it stay dead this time so they can't pull this shit anymore.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »

Capcom is not?  Don't you mean they are?

It's definitely a concern of a lot of people.  Heck, I'm really looking forward to Third Strike Online and King of Fighters XIII, but all these releases are spreading the players across more games.  However, after seeing the number of people who were watching the finals of EVO compared to last year, it might not be as bad because the fanbase is still growing quite a bit.

On the plus side, it looks like the genre will be chilling out a bit when this year is over.  No big releases will be on the horizon except for Street Fighter vs Tekken since TTT2 will be arcade only for awhile.  It's always possible they'll update something like UMvC3 again, but it damn better well be DLC this time around when they do it lest they piss off people even more so. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GG ACCENT CORE ONLINE ASW.  MAKE IT HAPPEN.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GG ACCENT CORE ONLINE ASW.  MAKE IT HAPPEN.
They need to  make Guilty Gear three already. Arc System has been talking about making it for a while now, yet there are still no details. After so many versions of Guilty Gear XX its about time for a sequel. They are almost just as bad as Capcom about whoring a series out.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GG ACCENT CORE ONLINE ASW.  MAKE IT HAPPEN.
They need to  make Guilty Gear three already. Arc System has been talking about making it for a while now, yet there are still no details. After so many versions of Guilty Gear XX its about time for a sequel. They are almost just as bad as Capcom about whoring a series out.

I think one of the issues is to create HQ characters like Blazblue uses, takes a really long time.  Add to the fact that there are a lot of characters in the series and all the characters would have to be redone from scratch (I'm assuming), I'm not too surprised.  Personally, I would rather see a downloadable GGXXAC remade for PSN & XBLA before a sequel since Daisuke Ishiwatari mentioned that any sequels to GGXXAC would be "dumbed down like Blazblue" (his words, not mine. also paraphrased). Either way, it's going to be a long time before we actually see anything.

And even though I love the series, it was probably the most whored out series I can think of.  They released a lot of titles on PS2 and some of them only had a few differences than its predecessors.  At least they aren't doing that with Blazblue this time around.  Probably thanks to updatable arcade systems.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: