Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327198 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Help. Need good story RPG for current Gen..clueless
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Help. Need good story RPG for current Gen..clueless  (Read 8123 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 12:27:39 PM »

I think Sui V sucks...but it's not because of the silent protagonist, which I happen to love.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
I think Sui V sucks...but it's not because of the silent protagonist, which I happen to love.

The encounter rate and lack of challenge?
MartinMM

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »

This thread gave me one of my biggest LOLz evvaaah.

That aside, i don't really know what a story driven rpg is but all Tales of* games rock.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"

And the slow pace. I think if the difficulty were higher, it would've held my interest much better. The varying tactics, skills, spells, etc, all unneeded due to the games extreme easyness.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »

And the slow pace. I think if the difficulty were higher, it would've held my interest much better. The varying tactics, skills, spells, etc, all unneeded due to the games extreme easyness.

Agreed. I was Auto-battling most of the game, except in boss battles where I would whore out Zerase's attacks.

Anyway I strongly suggest you play the Shadow Hearts games. SH2 is one of the greatest games I've played in a long time. Hopefully you can adjust to the Judgment Ring. SH1 is okay by comparison. Grandia 2 is also a great choice. I remember being really engrossed with that game's story.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 05:14:18 PM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"

And it just felt poorly designed altogether. The fact they decided to make the auto-scroll build up speed rather than just start off fast is really stupid, there's basically no expressiveness when it's not a cutscene, and yeah, the stupidly low difficulty. I don't want all my games to be hard as hell, but I'd like it a bit spiced up.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »

I agree with two. Plus, the graphics did not help much, although they wouldn't bother me if those other flaws were not present.
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 07:01:28 AM »

He said "Broken english aside"...meaning "I am going to ignore and try to get around your lack of knowledge of english"

Even if your english was perfect you would still make little sense. Just because the character is mute does not make it shit. Just because there are 108 characters doesn't make it so there is no character development. Before you judge a game, why don't you try fucking playing it, asshat. Suikoden V is one of the best fucking games on the system.[/quote]

understand what he said very well but even that he said "aside" i can feel he not really mean for what he said and laugh on me . and to the the topic when you have something so big as 108 cast it logic to suppose that something in this scale can't get the development of small one aka chrono cross and even if i wrong in the suik case it didnt reason to speak to me like crap if he was tallk as you it was a lot better and you actually make me wanna gave the fucking game a try :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: