Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341128 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  A bird story (to the moon prequel)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A bird story (to the moon prequel)  (Read 293 times)
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:12:37 PM »

I don't know about anyone else on this board, but To the Moon was a game I enjoyed so much I ended up playing it twice in row (the second time in front of my girlfriend).  On August 12th it was announced that the game's prequel (if you can really call it that) is coming out on November 5th of this year.

Here's the trailer: http://youtu.be/SCSK0yrakxY

While I am still amped to see what FreeBird does next, it was still a bit of a disappointment to hear that the new title focuses on the original childhood of the patient from the first game and not the two Dr's Watts and Roseline traveling through dying people's mind brain. i still plan on playing the absolute hell out of it, but the whole thing kind of feels like if Naughty Dog went ahead and made the next The Last of Us title about the Fireflies' struggle against the remnant US government and left out the Zombie narrative  (which TOTALLY might happen, because UGGGGGGH) thoughts???

(Note: the search function on this board is garbage, but as far as I can tell no one else has posted about this. If I am error let me know)

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »

Zuh?  I think you read it wrong.  The kid in Bird Story is NOT Johnny from To The Moon.  Nothing more needs to be told in Johnny's and River's story.  

The official site says that A Bird Story is about the childhood of the next patient Drs. Rosaline and Watts will be visiting in "Episode 2."  

http://freebirdgames.com/games/a-bird-story/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:29:10 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:34:29 PM »

My reading comprehension might be poor, but I think I my metaphor (simile?) is still apt.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »

Kneejerk reaction is that seeing bird-boy's childhood beforehand would take away some of the mystery of Watts and Rosalene discovering it when he's an old man, but I'm not ready to dismiss it.  Freebird tends to be pretty careful with their storytelling so perhaps there is a reason for this episode 2 prequel. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: