Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338664 Posts in 13863 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sakura Wars [PC] Fan Translation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sakura Wars [PC] Fan Translation  (Read 462 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »

I usually don't share my stuff here, but if it wasn't for this site and that Russian version's exposure, this literally would not have happened, so I hope you all enjoy.

The project bounced around to a few other people, and none of them stuck with it, so...

Me and EsperKnight are doing it.

The translation is brand new, from a volunteer at NeoGAF named Nezumi.

(Note: we'll be changing the order to family name last.)

As you can see, the LIPS system works, but it requires some tweaking.

We're about 1/12th finished.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »

As someone who's only played the fifth game, (and liked it,) I have to say I'm almost looking forward to this. 'Almost' because there's guarantee this will ever get finished, but I'm willing to follow it along and give it a chance. In any case, the stuff you've got so far is pretty good, and I'll definitely be keeping track of this.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:44:25 PM by kkhohoho » Logged
Eldrick

kainesdroden@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »

Wow that's great new! Sakura taisen 3 is one of my favorite games of all time and the first one is pretty solid too(and I really love the opening theme of Sakura Taisen) .  I wish you the best of luck on your project  , I will definitely be keeping track on your translation progress.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:48:40 PM by Eldrick » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »

The PS2/Wii game is STIV, correct? How much connection is there between games in the series?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »

The PS2/Wii game is STIV, correct? How much connection is there between games in the series?

Five actually. The only connection is that that game's Harem Protagonist is the nephew of this game's Harem Protagonist.

Otherwise you're likely to maybe get a couple of nods and a wink or two in regards to the previous games at best.

That said, I wonder which will take less time, this project or the SA LP of this game?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 06:59:11 PM »

Five actually. The only connection is that that game's Harem Protagonist is the nephew of this game's Harem Protagonist.

Otherwise you're likely to maybe get a couple of nods and a wink or two in regards to the previous games at best.

That said, I wonder which will take less time, this project or the SA LP of this game?

Uh, the LP I assume... even if we get all the script in game, there is a LOT we have to tweak, namely the LIPS system.

We haven't even gotten to the battles yet...

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 06:52:49 AM »

The way I recall the connections between games working is:
ST2 is a direct sequel to 1, with all the major characters returning and two new females on the team.
ST3 has the same male lead, but he is now in Paris instead of Tokyo. I seem to recall there are cameos of all the ST2 females.
ST4 is back in Tokyo, but the entire ST3 cast shows up and joins in. I also recall the game is extremely short and is mainly just a quick finale.
ST5 follows a new lead with a cameo from the male lead and one of the female characters at the beginning.

....mind you I've only played 5, but I have read translated scripts for 1-4.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: