Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335266 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 64002 times)
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »

Well, you can sleep a little less and play a bit more...

Still wouldnt add up to 110 in a month
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »

Is that a bad thing?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2011, 02:40:17 AM »

Well, it translates to 3 hours a day, maybe a bit more in the weekends. That's not too insane.

And... I have a disability and can't work as much as I want to. It gets boring.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2011, 03:59:13 AM »

I reckon 110 hours of Xenoblade is a pretty damn good way to spend your time. ;)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2011, 07:21:16 AM »

I'm starting to think that this game is actually too long. I want to move on to other games but after more than 50 hours I'm still not seeing the end of it. The game likes to trick you into thinking that you're almost done when in reality you still have a long way to go. Even at lv 70 I'm still having trouble with some bosses, if I hit another difficulty spike I'll have to take a break, there's no way I'm grinding at this point.

They had a chance to wrap it up while keeping it nice and simple but I guess they just couldn't help themselves. You really need to suspend your disbelief after that point:

Code:
So just when you lose the monado they can suddenly make replicas! How convenient!
The Bionis moved but everything is just like it was. When I returned from the Mechonis and wasn't able to teleport anywhere I figured it was because everything had been destroyed but lo and behold, I go back to colony 9 and the whole city is just like it was, it should've been devastated, a 9.0 earthquake would've been a joke compared to that.

The last few areas aren't as beautiful or interesting as the places you visited up untill that point and for reasons dictated by the plot there's a severe lack of enemy variety.
I haven't read any opinions from other people regarding these issues but I think the last few hours were unnecessary.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:38:11 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »

Code:
I think the idea is that the power now comes from within Shulk instead of the Monado.

Even at lv 70 I'm still having trouble with some bosses, if I hit another difficulty spike I'll have to take a break, there's no way I'm grinding at this point.

Gems can make a huge difference and it's not that hard to make good ones if you have a few characters with high affinity. Plenty late game quests also reward you with some very nice gems.

Trying a different team also got me through some though battles. For instance, Riki and Sharla (with heavy armor, in case she draws aggro) combined with someone with good DPS worked wonders for me. Forcing topples also works on some bosses. Melia's pretty good at it. Plus, it's funny to see her topple huge enemies with that clumsy kick of her's.

Anyway, I'm going to finish up today. I did the majority of the quest, hunted down a bunch of L95+ monsters and saw nearly all heart-to-hearts, and that's enough, I'm done. Well, after I beat the final boss, I'll be done. I'll get right to it after I finish my cup of tea. I hope.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »

I'm considering getting the version with the GameCube pad. Its a little more expensive than the regular version, but it could be worth it if I ever manage to get my hands on the GC games I've been looking for like Zelda: Wind Waker. Does Xenoblade actually need the pad though, or will the Wiimote be good enough if I decide to get the regular version?

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2011, 09:20:46 AM »

Code:
I think the idea is that the power now comes from within Shulk instead of the Monado.

Even at lv 70 I'm still having trouble with some bosses, if I hit another difficulty spike I'll have to take a break, there's no way I'm grinding at this point.

Gems can make a huge difference and it's not that hard to make good ones if you have a few characters with high affinity. Plenty late game quests also reward you with some very nice gems.

Trying a different team also got me through some though battles. For instance, Riki and Sharla (with heavy armor, in case she draws aggro) combined with someone with good DPS worked wonders for me. Forcing topples also works on some bosses. Melia's pretty good at it. Plus, it's funny to see her topple huge enemies with that clumsy kick of her's.

Anyway, I'm going to finish up today. I did the majority of the quest, hunted down a bunch of L95+ monsters and saw nearly all heart-to-hearts, and that's enough, I'm done. Well, after I beat the final boss, I'll be done. I'll get right to it after I finish my cup of tea. I hope.

I have level IV and V gems on all pieces of equipment and I'm constantly trying different combinations with all the characters. When I think I've found the perfect line-up I end up changing it again. All the characters are useful.
The boss that gave me trouble was the second fight with
Code:
Gadolt
, that shit was ridiculous, I found all the bosses after that to be much easier.
I think I'm going to take a break and focus on Deus EX now.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2011, 09:33:03 AM »

Does Xenoblade actually need the pad though, or will the Wiimote be good enough if I decide to get the regular version?

I've not yet played it with the Wii remote, but it's certainly possible to play it with that, it seems.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2011, 10:47:09 AM »

I am playing it with the Wii Remote since I don't have a classic controller. It works well enough (although you DO need to nunchuck as well to play). The controls feel a bit different from using a controller but you get used to it soon enough. I haven't had any trouble.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »

It works, sure, but the classic controller will give you more control over the camera, which is a good thing during battles. Besides, if you also play retro games on the Wii or plan on doing so, you should really consider investing in a classic controller. The red pro that comes with Xenoblade is pretty neat, but a regular old white one works just as well.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »

Yeah, I intend to get the controller at some point, just trying to decide if I want to get it now with Xenoblade or wait until I actually have some games to use it with.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2011, 03:15:04 PM »

Use it with Xenoblade, seriously.

Anyway, finished the game at last! Saw the ending coming from a mile away but that's probably the reason why I enjoyed it this much. Now I feel a sudden urge to listen to the Xenogears OST...
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »

Yeah, I intend to get the controller at some point, just trying to decide if I want to get it now with Xenoblade or wait until I actually have some games to use it with.

Got any Virtual Console games? Also, I think classic controllers are getting fairly cheap now, at least over here.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »

I think I'm going to take a break and focus on Deus EX now.

I was playing Deus Ex just now, trying to finish it so I could focus on Xenoblade.  It (Deus Ex, PS3) froze on me for the first time ever, so I decided to just play Xenoblade.

I was at a friends wedding event over the weekend, and we spend 15 minutes straight talking about Xenoblade.  It was like being a highschooler again.  *sigh*

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: