Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 05:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319011 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 52762 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »

I'm starting to think that this game is actually too long. I want to move on to other games but after more than 50 hours I'm still not seeing the end of it. The game likes to trick you into thinking that you're almost done when in reality you still have a long way to go. Even at lv 70 I'm still having trouble with some bosses, if I hit another difficulty spike I'll have to take a break, there's no way I'm grinding at this point.

Interesting because there are quite a few of my favorite RPGs or at least some I like a lot I needed totake a few breaks. Especially those that you need 40+ hours to finish. Two of my favorites I remember playng through almost an entire year were both persona 3 and 4.

There are of course downsides to giving them too much time but at least whenever you decide to play them you have a complete blast.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2011, 01:24:04 AM »

So I bought a classic controller tonight.

How much battery life does it eat up attaching it to the remote? Will it not work if the remote's batteries are dead? I was thinking it would plug into the Wii like the GC controller. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2011, 01:55:18 AM »

I don't own a Wii so I have to ask... the classic controler attaches to a Wii-mote?

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2011, 01:57:25 AM »

I don't own a Wii so I have to ask... the classic controler attaches to a Wii-mote?

Yes...

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2011, 02:39:59 AM »

Yeah, I didn't realise this - I thought it plugged into the Wii like the GC controller. Not impressed.

Question - if we complete a side quest, like getting an item for someone, does it automatically reward me, or do I have to take it back?

I found a requried sidequest item, but I couldn't find the guy for ages, and when I finally did and talked to him, he doesn't acknowledge that I got something for him.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:53 AM »

How much battery life does it eat up attaching it to the remote? Will it not work if the remote's batteries are dead? I was thinking it would plug into the Wii like the GC controller. :/

Yep, you just plug it in. It's actually pretty convenient since the classic controller is nearly wireless this way.

A good pair of fully charged batteries usually lasts me close to 25 hours.

Question - if we complete a side quest, like getting an item for someone, does it automatically reward me, or do I have to take it back?

Depends on the type of quest. There are a lot of generic collect/kill quests that reward you automatically. After finishing a quest from a named NPC you usually have to go back to report your success, but that's because doing so will improve the relationship between the characters in your party.

The quest usually gives the general location of the quest giver and you can find out when they're active by looking at the affinity chart. Since you can also skip to old locations and change the time whenever you want, it's not much of a hassle. Besides, completing one quest often opens up the next one in line, so you can pick that one up right away.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2011, 04:16:49 AM »

I actually wish there were a few less side-quests. I'm a compulsive completionist and just can't ignore them, but there are SO many in most areas that I start feeling too bogged down in them.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »

I just hit the 10 hour mark (cool, 100 more hours to go).

Code:
Just beat Xord, and the army of dudes outside the Colony......well with a little help....

Holy shit, what is this brilliance that I am playing!?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »

You don't have to play 100+ hours to get to the ending. You could finish it in 50 or so if you don't bother with the sidequests. My kind of playtime is what you get if you try to complete as many quests and maps as possible. Both are valid ways to play the game, but a happy medium may be best.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2011, 07:31:42 AM »

Ah, but something tells me I'll want to finish the sidequests. I hope I can do so before Dark Souls comes out. Sad thing is, I wanna finish Xenoblade before Dark Souls comes out. I wanna finish Dark Souls before Skyrim comes out. I wanna finish Skyrim before Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out. Something tells me that none of this is gonna happen. :P

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »

Ah, but something tells me I'll want to finish the sidequests. I hope I can do so before Dark Souls comes out. Sad thing is, I wanna finish Xenoblade before Dark Souls comes out. I wanna finish Dark Souls before Skyrim comes out. I wanna finish Skyrim before Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out. Something tells me that none of this is gonna happen. :P

Good luck with that.
I still haven't finished it yet but considering the level you need to be at when you arrive at the final dungeon I reckon you need at least a total of 55 hours before you reach the credits. I did a ton of sidequest and I still had to grind a couple of levels. The problem is (at least in my experience) that if a monster is more than 4 levels above you most of your attacks don't connnect. I was at level 71 and tried to fight a lv 76 monster and it was either dodging or blocking my attacks. Then I grinded to level 72 and completely anihilated it. I was obviously strong enough to kill it at lv 71 but the game didn't allow it. It's not impossible to hit them but it takes forever to kill them.
Fortunately the monsters in the last dungeon give lots of experience and go down fast once you reached the required level.

As for the people that are saying they want to do every sidequest, I'm sure very few will actually go that far, you have no idea what a task that is, they just keep popping up, there are literally hundreds of them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:50:24 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »

Does the Classic pad have the full functionality of a GC pad, or would I have to get it separately to play Game Cube games?

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:23 PM »

Unfortunately you can't use a Classic Controller in "gamecube mode" as is locks everything else. However instead of buying another controller I bought a converter which let's me use both Classic Controller or a Playstation 2 controller in the gamecube port.
So depending on the game I use the controller which better suits my tastes as I hate the original gamecube controller.

I'll give you a link to the product: Classic Linker (Gamecube & Nintendo Wii) at Play-Asia.com

Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »

Unfortunately you can't use a Classic Controller in "gamecube mode" as is locks everything else.

That's very disappointing, I might look into the converter, but more likely Ill probably just end up skipping the Classic controller and getting a GC one instead. Hopefully Xenobalde will be playable enough with the Wiimote.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2011, 03:56:32 PM »

I actually wish there were a few less side-quests. I'm a compulsive completionist and just can't ignore them, but there are SO many in most areas that I start feeling too bogged down in them.

my problem as well.  I'll get around to playing this eventually, but I'll keep wanting to do sidequests because i'll be afraid to miss some awesome-o armor or gems.  Did the same thing with Trails in the Sky, but at least the accessories at rank 1 and 2 were worth it (not to mention the money).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: