Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 208846 times)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
And THIS is why I didn't import and soft mod my Wii.

That and my guess that if I made myself into a big enough ass out of the whole not coming out here deal (limited to this site thankfully) they'd have no choice but to release it just to get me to shove my foot into my mouth. Consider my next few meals to consist of nothing but foot sandwiches and humble pie for dessert.

Hopefully there are still people who want this and didn't resort to importing and jailbreaking their Wiis for this.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
Hopefully there are still people who want this and didn't resort to importing and jailbreaking their Wiis for this.

Or get it ANYWAY. I'll just point to Demon's Souls as an example of a game a lot of people were importing yet still did really well with an official US release, though circumstances are different.

Fadedsun

• Sunny Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
And THIS is why I didn't import and soft mod my Wii.

That and my guess that if I made myself into a big enough ass out of the whole not coming out here deal (limited to this site thankfully) they'd have no choice but to release it just to get me to shove my foot into my mouth. Consider my next few meals to consist of nothing but foot sandwiches and humble pie for dessert.

I refused to mod my Wii too, and look how that paid off. Patience wins! I was fine with not playing it if we never got it in America, but now that we are, I'll support it.
"Oh, a hunter..."

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
Took long enough for Nintendo to realize.  I got the EU version, but I'll purchase this one to help sales :)
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2011, 04:49:27 PM »
Wellllllllllllll, this is good news.  I'm thinking of asking for a WII for Christmas so between SS and the eventual release of Xenoblade, color me orange.

Wonder if they'll keep the dual audio?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
Huh, that is a good question. It's not really something NoA does, I guess it depends on whether they pretty much just iron out technical bits (supported video modes for example) and change the region coding, or if they go deeper.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

Mym

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
I remember the dual audio pushed it from a single layer DVD to a dual layer, and quite a few people were complaining about disc read errors as a result. A reason to scrap it, perhaps? On that note, I still can't believe that Xenosaga Episode 1, a game with hardly forty hours of content, is about double the size of Xenoblade, perhaps the biggest JRPG in history. The benefits of modern technology, I guess? And of using engine-driven cutscenes, as opposed to giant, space-gobbling movie files.

In any case, I'm really happy, if somewhat surprised, to see Xenoblade finally making its way to the US! It's easily one of my favourite games of recent years, and I hope those who haven't already played it enjoy it as much as I did.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:31:20 PM by Mym »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »
North American trailer

Yippee, they kept the London accents! I don't know why I'm excited about that, but I am.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
I'm glad we're finally going to get this game. Also, it's in April so I shouldn't have anything else going on gamewise so I'll be able to devote a lot of time to it.
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

Lucca

• AMG A GIRL
  • SUGAR PEAS!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgcafe.net
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »
Oooh....awesome news!

Makes me wonder if Pandora's Tower and Last Story will come stateside too.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2011, 07:52:06 PM »
I'm optimistic for Last Story. Pandora's Tower... actually, I guess if Nintendo of Europe is on board with it then it'd probably come out if Xenoblade is successful enough here, but I've been saying that was probably just a game that got caught up in the mix and would've been cared about less had it been a year or two separated from Xenoblade/Last Story.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
North American trailer

Goddaa-aa-aa-am.  Those are some ugly ass character models (scenery looks stunning though, 'spesh for the Wii).

GUARANTEED when I play this, I'll be talking in an English accent the whole time meanwhile, probably annoying people. :D
Can't wait!
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

ShadowLaguna

• Rattle your goddamn head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 02, 2011, 08:46:35 PM »

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »
To be fair, you can dress up your characters.

Come to think of it when I was playing why did Sharla always end up in a bikini......

As for dual audio, I personally think NoA is aiming for minimal effort, change "armour" to armor, turn on NTSC for 480i mode and that's it.  Removing it would be too much work(programming and testing wise).
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X