Author Topic: Xenoblade

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade
« Reply #330 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:07 PM »
To be fair, you can dress up your characters.

Come to think of it when I was playing why did Sharla always end up in a bikini......

Why not?

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2011, 09:12:30 PM »
As for dual audio, I personally think NoA is aiming for minimal effort, change "armour" to armor, turn on NTSC for 480i mode and that's it.  Removing it would be too much work(programming and testing wise).
On the other hand if removing it ensures better performance and fewer issues they may use that as a reason to cut it out. Guess it'd give the European version more value if they did that too, though it'd piss off people here.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
Took long enough for Nintendo to realize.  I got the EU version, but I'll purchase this one to help sales :)

You can't really blame people for modding their Wiis in this case. It really did look like there was no chance of this coming here.

I'm not sorry I imported. I'll double dip to help send the message we want Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Um, according to IGN:

One critical note to make here - the game is currently slated to come to the United States only.

What. The. Fuck.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:05:53 PM by Lard »
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #333 on: December 02, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »

One critical note to make here - the game is currently slated to come to the United States only.

What. The. Fuck.

What the tit?  That's racist to the red maple nation above!!! D:<

Import ...*sigh* from the States it is. =/
That's dickish if it's true...
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

ShadowLaguna

• Rattle your goddamn head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »
To be fair, you can dress up your characters.

Come to think of it when I was playing why did Sharla always end up in a bikini......

As for dual audio, I personally think NoA is aiming for minimal effort, change "armour" to armor, turn on NTSC for 480i mode and that's it.  Removing it would be too much work(programming and testing wise).

Sharla was the bikini Barbie, and Melia was the princess Barbie.

Code: [Select]
Fiora on the other hand was.........the mechanical Barbie?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530

Aurian

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 02, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
Geez... Looks like it was just as well I modded and imported since I am in Canada which apparently does not count... :(

beLIEve?

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »
for all the hype this got i'm so so glad it's coming to NA. between xenoblade and skyward sword i will actually have some firm reasons to get a wii aside from paper mario and the like. the best part is i'll be back to work so i'll be able to afford the black wii i've had my eye on. worst part is i'll be back to work so i won't be able to play it as much.

i wonder if it'd be worth the wait for wiiU?

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2011, 11:48:21 PM »

Have to hope the game really does well enough so The Last Story gets a more normal release then.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2011, 12:24:02 AM »
That makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Since when have either the US or Canada ever gotten a game while the other didn't?

I bet they're too cheap to print French/English guides. :P

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 03, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
That makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Since when have either the US or Canada ever gotten a game while the other didn't?

I bet they're too cheap to print French/English guides. :P

This may be it. Almost all of Nintendo's manuals as of late have become bilingual on consoles, I could see them not wanting to make a French one and thus not bothering. GameStop exclusivity probably doesn't help either there, just because it closes off everyone but EBGames/GameStop.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »
Um, according to IGN:

What. The. Fuck.

Between this and the whole GS-exclusivity crap it seems to me that NoA is doing their best to not actually push this game as much as possible.  Which is an odds strategy to take...

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:35 AM »
Glad I held out. Looks like it is going to pay off.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2011, 12:52:55 AM »
I actually wonder if GameStop may be partially to thank for the game even coming here? An exclusivity doesn't seem like a particularly good idea unless either they helped grease the wheels, or part of the reason it wasn't being brought here in the first place was that other retailers (or at least Walmart?) didn't want to stock it, and so when it was shown people here DID want it GameStop was the only one that jumped? Either way it doesn't leave the sour taste in my mouth the Walmart Chibi-robo exclusive did (or the blue Wii on Black Friday).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:52:14 AM by Eusis »

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2011, 03:38:56 AM »
It may also help that not setting the bar too high ensures the game selling reasonably in NOA's eyes.

Fadedsun

• Sunny Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
For the people that have played the game, what makes it so good? Is it really one of the best JRPGs in years?
"Oh, a hunter..."