Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 04:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332764 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 61875 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2012, 04:03:56 AM »

I would've preferred a mini-sountrack or something.

It's not much of a collectible, but NoE let people download the soundtrack ( no DRM!) for free from their website if they registered their game. Maybe NoA will do something similar?
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2012, 07:01:01 AM »

I grabbed the game this afternoon and I've been playing for 5 hours now.  This one is a Godsend for us RPGFans.  I haven't been this into a JRPG in a very long time.  Everything is spot on so far.

I'd even go as far as to say it's the first time at that much into an RPG... ever! I've spent 16 hours in two days and a half... For me, I think this is a record (I rarely play more than 1-2 hours a day usually). It's definitely one of the most enjoyable games I've played in my whole life! It's ridiculous to think that NoA originally wanted to keep us from playing this!

I know what you mean. Like you it's really hard for me to go more than 2 hours in a session unless the game really grabs you. While Xenoblade haven't grabbed me like it did to you it certainly has that "just a bit more" to it.
I played it so far very few days but each day I play, it's a bunch!
Too bad I got sidetracked by Totori and Mass Effect 3 but once I finish one of these I'll get back to it!

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2012, 01:49:39 AM »

So I have to ask, for players who've had a chance to go through this already, any missables or things worth littering your inventory with that we should know about?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2012, 04:21:55 AM »

No not, really. There's a few missable sidequests, but the game will always warn you before the area they're in is closed off. This happens twice in the game.

As for items, if it's rare or marked as needed for a sidequest, hang on to it. If you need a certain common item, you usually only need a few minutes to aquire it once you've found the right monster.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »

Found this on neogaf:

And me without a Wii to play this. I'll have to wait for the Wii U to come out though, at this point I'm not getting a Wii just for a few games I'm interested while my PS3 keeps my busy with more games that I can play bother to play.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »

I'm seriously wondering of the guy over at EGM played the same game as us.

THE UGLY: Why do RPG developers insist on placing the least-interesting 15 hours of the experience at the beginning of the game?

I just don't... I mean... 15 hours doesn't mean anything in Xenoblade. 15 hours is enough to pass through the first three areas. Lots of stuff happens during that time. You can also spend it wandering around the first area and not run out of stuff to do.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »

Pretty sure one of the most interesting things happens 15 Hours into the game..

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2012, 06:56:54 AM »

Pff, 15 hours is nothing. The longer a good game is the better for me.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »

I try to not trade my collectables and if possible, keep as many random items as possible. You won't need more than 10 of any one item for sidequests, although some collectables can be given as gifts amongst party members for increased affinity.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »

Wow, they definitely had the wrong guy reviewing the game over at EGM. He just sounded like he was in a bad mood.  EGM is usually MUCH more reliable:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »

I started it yesterday(bad idea with Folklore and Wild Arms 4 still on my plate), and the gameplay is... weird. I'll have to give it more time before drawing a conclusion. Music and VA is wonderful, though.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2012, 05:18:09 PM »

I bought it at the store today, just in case.  I'll probably start it up later this week, but I didn't buy a classic controller yet. I just feel like it might be hard to find after a few weeks.  It's not even listed on Amazon atm so any used purchases would have to be on Ebay.  Still, looking forward to trying it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »

Monster Hunter Tri is only thirty bucks on Amazon (or at least it was last week).  I picked it up last week to get the classic controller pro for Xenoblade.  Seemed like a good deal considering the controller is actually 20 bucks!
Emonzaemon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »

I only have one complaint. 

I can not find the guy, with the name, at the time, in the city....i can see this happening a lot.(To turn in random sidequest XXXX)

Otherwise, I wish I had more time to play. 
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2012, 08:03:06 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=true&gid=11

You're welcome  :)

This is a great resource for a lot of Xenoblade stuff actually.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: