Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319275 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 53031 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 02:12:40 AM »

And on Gamerankings.com it's 92%

So....has anyone in the UK gotten this?

Is anyone besides me importing it?

So far on Gamerankings....

Nintendo Life 9 out of 10

GameSpot 9 out of 10

Edge Magazine UK 9 out of 10

N-Europe 08/16/11 10 out of 10

Official Nintendo Magazine UK 92 out of 100

Eurogamer 9 out of 10

Cubed3 10 out of 10

gamesTM 9 out of 10

So...who else is importing it?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 02:15:56 AM »

A pen pal of mine from Brazil imported this. He said it's the first time he's turned on his Wii since Monster Hunter Tri and he doubts he'll probably leave it on for the next several hours. He hasn't told me much about it though. I need to import this soon. It looks amazing.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 02:41:11 AM »

I took a look at the system messages last week and it turned out I hadn't used my Wii since last April, when I played some Wii Sports with my six year old cousin. Now tyhat I've got Xenoblade, I'm playing two hours a day on avarage. Well, not counting the first weekend, because I had a great excuse to play it 7-8 hours a day: deadline! :D

Also, the game is popping up in several sales top 10s for both Wii games and videogames in general. It seems like it's doing better than even NoE expected, because some people are already having trouble finding a copy. There may be hope for an American release yet!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »

I gave up on NOA's coy little dance about whether or not they will localize it and I have it coming in the mail.

I haven't turned on my Wii since Sakura Wars came out (unless it was a short gaming session with Wii Sports with my husband). Its been gathering dust for so long because so many of the "good" games that come out are Nintendo stuff we lost interest in (Mario, Zelda) and we see so much crap on the shelves (an M&M game? Really?).

I'm looking forward to playing Xenoblade and the fact that I am having to import an already-translated game because of NOA makes me wonder what is going on in their heads. Glad NOE has three great games lined up!
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »

Xenoblade comes out here (New Zealand) on the 1st of September, so I'll definitely be getting a hold of it. I'll tell you folks how it turns out.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »

It's gotta be remade in HD for the Wii-U, and without the obnoxious (but endearing) Brittish accents. 

The accents are jarring, but... *head asplode* Nintendo

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »

It's gotta be remade in HD for the Wii-U, and without the obnoxious (but endearing) Brittish accents. 

The accents are jarring, but... *head asplode* Nintendo

There is a dialect selector, and its better than not having english text at all.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »

I prefer English in any form.  But if I were to release a huge game like this in North America, I wouldn't leave the dub this way.  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:53:35 PM by Fei » Logged

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »

I prefer English in any form.  But if I were to release a huge game like this in North America, I wouldn't leave the dub this way.  

Why not? It should be kind of novel for American gamers. You know, like the Dragon Quest VIII voice overs.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »

...what?

The voice acting isn't the greatest, but to request a dub just because you don't like the accent? I'm finding it hard not to be a bit offended.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »

Yeah, but... it's just not ideal.  I am not trying to say that they shouldn't release it in North America in this state, but if it were to be a full effort, localize it completely.

It isn't like DQ8 or FF12... it is foreign.  I am surprised I feel this way, honestly.

I'm not requesting a re-dub, I'm saying that we shouldn't be surprised that the game isn't a shoe-in for a North American audience/release.

I love Dr. Who, before you get all aggro.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:19:49 PM by Fei » Logged

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »

But have you heard what NoA tends to do with dubs? Besides, even if they don't screw it up, they probably use the some old voice actors we've heard in 100 other RPG's. I once went six months without playing a game that didn't have Johnny Yong Bosch in it and it was not something I did on purpose...

Not that it really matters, I guess. I'm not American, I have no reason to buy the American edition and most people don't play and finish 15+ RPGs a year.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »

All true.  I hope they are re-dubbing it for North America only because that means they are actually releasing it in North America, nothing more.

Fucking national pride... :P  And it's not the accent that is troublesome, it's the dialect. 

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »

My friend imported the EU version and we played the first few hours last night. Totally overwhelming. I want to get lost in this RPG.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

I love Dr. Who, before you get all aggro.

Is that the video game equivalent of "I'm not racist, one of my best friends is black!"?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: