Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319717 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 53204 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »

I love Dr. Who, before you get all aggro.

Is that the video game equivalent of "I'm not racist, one of my best friends is black!"?

Star, this is why you're one of my favorite users.

I'm getting really sick of waiting for NoA to say something about this. I'm breaking my Wii and importing this stuff. I don't care if NoA announces that they're localizing it today. They've lost my money. Besides, I love British accents. It's one of the two reasons I want to watch Doctor Who (the other being the phone booth).

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »

I have nothing against the Brittish accent.

Whatever dialects the Brittish have are not what I'm against either... I'm just saying, don't publish a game meant for the south, in the north.  I mean, DO THAT, if it's an awesome game, but the publisher wouldn't aim for that.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:53:59 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »

I can see it feeling odd to have British accents, mainly because this isn't a game I'd really assume to HAVE that kind of flavor like Fable or Dragon Quest VIII, but at the same time... it IS a change, and there's always the Japanese VA. I'll probably see what I think of a few British clips, and if I'm dissatisfied I'll just play in Japanese.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 02:24:47 AM »

Whatever dialects the Brittish have are not what I'm against either... I'm just saying, don't publish a game meant for the south, in the north.  I mean, DO THAT, if it's an awesome game, but the publisher wouldn't aim for that.

But we Europeans play videogames with American English all the time.

Must... resist... making joke about xenophobia...!

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2011, 02:34:43 AM »

I've played it now too, Ramza. I am going to drown in it, and enjoy every moment. I completely agree with you.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:03 AM »

Must... resist... making joke about xenophobia...!

Ten points to Gryffindor! :D

But back on track about the actual game, it is so big! :D

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2011, 12:01:05 PM »

I love Dr. Who, before you get all aggro.

Is that the video game equivalent of "I'm not racist, one of my best friends is black!"?

Star, this is why you're one of my favorite users.

I'm getting really sick of waiting for NoA to say something about this. I'm breaking my Wii and importing this stuff. I don't care if NoA announces that they're localizing it today. They've lost my money. Besides, I love British accents. It's one of the two reasons I want to watch Doctor Who (the other being the phone booth).

You want to watch a TV show just because it has british accents and a "phone booth?"

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2011, 01:15:06 PM »

You people that are playing this are NOT helping! I really want to play this, but don't feel like going through the hassle of modding my Wii. NOA has already moved on. This won't come out in America. hmph.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »

Does it help if I say it's a massive timesink? Because it is. The clock sits at 40 hours and I think I'm just halfway through the game. Perhaps I'm doing too many sidequest, but most get done while exploring anyway, so...
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »

Does it help if I say it's a massive timesink? Because it is. The clock sits at 40 hours and I think I'm just halfway through the game. Perhaps I'm doing too many sidequest, but most get done while exploring anyway, so...

Small plot poitn
Sidequest
Sidequest
Sidequse
Collectables
Sidequest
Collectables
Small Plot point.

I'm not saying you can't go directly from plot point to plot point, you totally can. However, I just cannot stop myself exploring this place! It's so addictive...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »

You people that are playing this are NOT helping! I really want to play this, but don't feel like going through the hassle of modding my Wii. NOA has already moved on. This won't come out in America. hmph.

Same thing here, this is really frustrating. I really hate NoA these times (nearly no games on the 3DS yet, the bad sytem they used for OoT3D soundtracks first, the fact I thought I wasn't an ambassador first because their website had a problem, and now the bad habit to NOT import good games anymore...) I'm really, really sad right now, we shouldn't have to be begging to play what everybody agrees to say is one of the best that came out recently.
That aside, I would really want to import it, but: it's already hard to find, I'm really against piracy and modding and wouldn't want to do it myself, and well if it actually came out in the US, it would only be even more frustrating that I went through this trouble for nothing! They should really make some kind of statement, and soon, because they really seem to be asking us to hate them. Really, about every big move they made in the last few months was plain stupid.

Phew! Sorry about that, I had to say it! On a side note, I'm happy for those of you who are able to play it, it's fun to read your enthusiastic comments!

I have fury!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2011, 06:13:37 PM »

By all reports it shouldn't be too hard to mod your Wii and if you bought it some time ago, its no longer under warranty anyways. Right now the Wii is gathering dust so why not make it play a game I really want to play? Sure, I would love it if NOA would publish the game and let me do it without the bother, but if its already in English and its possible to play, why should I just sulk in the corner?

In the mail...... hurry up!
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »

Holy shit this game exceeded my already high expectations!!

Granted I'm only 2 hours into the game, but damn is it awesome. And the English VA is pretty good as well.

btw, if you're not playing with a classic controller then you are doing it wrong.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2011, 12:09:15 AM »

Is it possible NoA is just waiting for an HD port on the Wii U?

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »

That aside, I would really want to import it, but: it's already hard to find

Well, it's try that supplies are running low, but I'm sure Nintendo will remedy that within a month. They'd be crazy if they didn't.

Is it possible NoA is just waiting for an HD port on the Wii U?

I doubt it. It's not as if they've never done rereleases of older games. It's Nintendo. Why would they wait?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:09:30 AM by Tomara » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: