Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329866 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 58651 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2011, 02:51:40 AM »

Is it possible NoA is just waiting for an HD port on the Wii U?

No.

Seriously, though, you aren't the first person to suggest this but I can't see where this idea is even coming from other than pure wishful thinking.  While Xenoblade seems to be doing OK it's still hardly one of Nintendo's triple-A franchises that they would bother to remake for this sort of thing.  Especially so soon after the original came out.  What makes you think that such a project even exists?

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2011, 04:05:27 AM »

I don't think such a project exists, I was purely pontificating.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2011, 04:42:19 AM »

OK? It's already in the top ten in sales in the UK. I'd say that's a little better than OK.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »

I know how to add one more copy. Kay, did you know Xenoblade lets you undress your party members to make them more awesome? Your favourite female party members could be wrestling (a toad/some fish/other creature) in the mud in their underwear if you order a copy now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:54:44 AM by Tomara » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2011, 06:59:42 AM »

Finally started this today. We have something truly special here, I hope everyone on this forum gets a chance to play it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Is it possible NoA is just waiting for an HD port on the Wii U?

No.

Seriously, though, you aren't the first person to suggest this but I can't see where this idea is even coming from other than pure wishful thinking.  While Xenoblade seems to be doing OK it's still hardly one of Nintendo's triple-A franchises that they would bother to remake for this sort of thing.  Especially so soon after the original came out.  What makes you think that such a project even exists?

It would sell Wii-Us.  If you look at the minor graphical enhancement that Twilight Princess Wii got over the Gamecube version, it would follow that simply rendering the same models and stuff at HD resolutions would be an option.

If you imagine them redoing all of the games graphics to take full advantage of the Wii-U, then heck no, I don't see that happening.

It's part wishful thinking, and part "why the heck isn't this in North America?"  There's just gotta be a reason.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »

To think that in a time when jrpgs are in the gutter something like this comes along. Damn...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011, 12:15:41 PM »

No one is talking about the music. How's the soundtrack? Anything memorable, or is it just "there"? Please fill me in on the music side of the game.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »

Finally started this today. We have something truly special here, I hope everyone on this forum gets a chance to play it.
Actually, for everyone on this board this game is obligatory.

No one is talking about the music. How's the soundtrack? Anything memorable, or is it just "there"? Please fill me in on the music side of the game.

It's everything between pretty good and mediocre. I have to play more before judging the rest of the soundtrack, but at the moment the only track that stood out as freaking awesome was the title theme.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »

I've only played a bit, too early to judge. I already heard some nice tracks but nothing memorable. Hm, haven't really paid attention to the title screen music, need to give it a listen.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »

It suits the game very well. The moment you set your first step into the great plains and this starts playing, it sends chills down your spine.

BTW if you've got an European copy of the game and are a member of NoE's Club Nintendo, you can download a 12 track soundtrack for free.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »

It suits the game very well. The moment you set your first step into the great plains and this starts playing, it sends chills down your spine.

Yeah, what she said.

In other news, I love the boss battles and big monster battles in this. I think my boyfriend will love the Mechon. If they release figures of them, I'm sure he will buy them. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »

I talked about the music extensively in our review of the Ost :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2011, 03:49:32 PM »

Got the game yesterday but my brand-new computer is refusing to write onto my SD card (for the Joystik mod). :(   I can't seem to locate a way to mod it without the SD card.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »

I know how to add one more copy. Kay, did you know Xenoblade lets you undress your party members to make them more awesome? Your favourite female party members could be wrestling (a toad/some fish/other creature) in the mud in their underwear if you order a copy now.

I was gonna buy this anyways, gonna remove the region locking from my Wii sometime soon then order it online. Either way this comment makes me want it more if it's true.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: