Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 08:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340900 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 66843 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »

Played a bit more, there's definitely some very nice music to be heard. The affinity system is a nice touch. My only gripe so far is that during battles the hud takes up too much screen.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:48 AM »

Got the game yesterday but my brand-new computer is refusing to write onto my SD card (for the Joystik mod). :(   I can't seem to locate a way to mod it without the SD card.

Might there be something wrong with the SD card? Have you tried formatting it?
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2011, 07:22:45 AM »

Went to my local gamestop yesterday and the guy I know there said there is no date for release in the US for this and its a shame, The Wii always seems to find a way to shoot itself in the foot for me.. every game I want is a PITA to get for it. I still cant find a Rune Factory copy anywhere.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »

Went to my local gamestop yesterday and the guy I know there said there is no date for release in the US for this and its a shame.

Where have you been that this would be news to you? :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

Went to my local gamestop yesterday and the guy I know there said there is no date for release in the US for this and its a shame.

I thought he was joking? It's not a joke?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »

Certainly if it is announced for the US the first people to know will be your local Gamestop employees.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:10 PM »

Was anyone else reminded of Pulse when arriving on the Gaur Plains? Jesus Christ that place is fucking huge!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »

Was anyone else reminded of Pulse when arriving on the Gaur Plains? Jesus Christ that place is fucking huge!

I tweeted this a couple days ago. :)

http://twitter.com/Starmongoose/status/105755328020357121

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »

working, out, beach and shit like that  :-P
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »

I was reminded of old Final Fantasy music, with that synthetic bass... I don't know what it is about it, but I love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ImzCpHsP4

Reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVHT3TUB-E&feature=related synth bass lines owned back in the day.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:35:46 AM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »

Speaking of the Gaur Plains, I was eating dinner with my brother when I suddenly heard that music. After nearly two weeks of playing Xenoblade 5+ hours a day, I thought nothing of it. Then I realised that I wasn't holding a controller, but a spoon. You can't play Xenoblade with a spoon Also, my brother doesn't have a Wii. A microsecond later I figured it out and a quick look at the TV confirmed it: Xenoblade commercial! It was like a minute long!

This can only mean one thing: hell has frozen over and the world is going to end tomorrow.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »

I wish the main characters were more charismatic, like the ones in resonance of fate for example. I'm curious to find out more about the mechon and the monado though and the whole idea of the game's world being 2 huge titans connected by a sword is fucking brilliant. I really hope that the story delivers, the concept has huge potential.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »

Loving the game so far. My only complaint would be the quest and location markers look too similar.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2011, 03:02:15 AM »

hmm... the soundtrack is actually starting to grow on me.

Also, switching to Dolphin. With 3X the native resolution the game looks incredible.

Edit: It seems that the PAL version is locked @ 25 FPS by default. I changed the limit to 30 FPS and the game is much better this way.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:11:32 AM by hell_snake » Logged

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2011, 04:38:16 AM »

hmm... the soundtrack is actually starting to grow on me.

Also, switching to Dolphin. With 3X the native resolution the game looks incredible.

Edit: It seems that the PAL version is locked @ 25 FPS by default. I changed the limit to 30 FPS and the game is much better this way.

Unfortunately we can't talk about that here. I wish I could share some pics with you guys.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: