Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340978 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 66891 times)
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2011, 04:56:24 AM »

Speaking of the Gaur Plains, I was eating dinner with my brother when I suddenly heard that music. After nearly two weeks of playing Xenoblade 5+ hours a day, I thought nothing of it. Then I realised that I wasn't holding a controller, but a spoon. You can't play Xenoblade with a spoon Also, my brother doesn't have a Wii. A microsecond later I figured it out and a quick look at the TV confirmed it: Xenoblade commercial! It was like a minute long!

This can only mean one thing: hell has frozen over and the world is going to end tomorrow.

Okay I'm sold. NoE deserves my money regardless of the quality of the game and whether I will enjoy it or not if only for the fact that they actually give a damn about games not called Mario or Zelda that aren't shitty mini game collections. Though this does make me hate NoA even more.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

I love how the best armor I have for the female character is a bikini.

Shulk is growing on me, he's a good protagonist.

The music is definitely very good.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »

Satorl Marsh is a sight to behold at night. Really beautiful and with wonderful music.
Customization is deeper than I expected, there's a lot to tinker with.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »

Is anybody else spending a LOT of time on sidequests? Im not complaining in one bit, its actually fun to explore the world while looking for Hand Rabbits. lol
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2011, 12:22:16 AM »

I love how the best armor I have for the female character is a bikini.

Video game logic is a wonderful thing sometimes.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »

Is anybody else spending a LOT of time on sidequests? Im not complaining in one bit, its actually fun to explore the world while looking for Hand Rabbits. lol

I'm still near the beginning, but I think I ended up doing side quests for several hours. I love this game.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »

I could spend forever just doing the side quests, as there is a metric fuck-tonne of them. However, I must press on through the story for the review. Every person I see who has a quest makes me sad, as I can never fulfil that for them.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »

I'm still near the beginning, but I think I ended up doing side quests for several hours. I love this game.

The side missions in the first 5 hours or so (I'm only 6 hours in) consisted of nothing more than hunts and fetch quests. They were fun, but only because the gameplay in general is fun.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »

Some more thoughts now that I'm 13 hours in:

The game keeps getting better and better. The story is getting more interesting and the new characters are also better than the previous ones. The game gets more beautiful with every new area, when I arrived at the waterfalls of Makna Forest I said WOW!
I also realized that the game becomes easier when I'm controlling
Code:
Sharla
, I can't trust the AI for support, when I take care of the healing battles become a lot easier. I still use Shulk to fight Mechon though so I can use the monado.
It's also a good idea to change characters once in a while to develop affinities between every party member.

The side missions in the first 5 hours or so (I'm only 6 hours in) consisted of nothing more than hunts and fetch quests. They were fun, but only because the gameplay in general is fun.

I think it's like that for the whole game. I've been doing some of them but to be honest I rarely go out of my way to complete them. A lot of them just require you to kill monsters that you'll end up killing anyway so at least those are pretty easy.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »

Game becomes more beautiful with every new area. Last town I visited is one of my favorites in any rpg ever. I'm constantly stopping to take pics lol.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »

Friends and I got this freakin game...  two of us are proceeding at the same rate, obsessive-compulsively doing all of the sidequests (AKA WOW style) while another one is like "You guys are only that far?  hahaha daaaaaamn."

The game provides much pause.  Much needed pause to play a lot of other games right now.  Reynado towards the beginning sealed the production value question for me...

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »

I have to admit that I wasn't completely sold during the first few hours but now I'm so addicted that I have a really hard time stopping. Some areas are overwhelmingly huge, you might not want to tackle this if you don't have much time on your hands.

For anyone who has finished the game, how far would you say I am considering I just arrived at the
Code:
imperial city?
Halfway through?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:16:56 PM by CDFN » Logged

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2011, 05:13:43 AM »

I finish Deus Ex... and this game is mine.

But I gotta get my Wii modded first, and I have no idea how to do that.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2011, 06:27:33 AM »

So I played Xenoblade for 6 hours straight yesterday. To make it clear that I really like it; It's the best rpg on wii.

+ If you do not like like endeless walking, you can use fast-traveling as much as you want
+ abillities are used in the story and in battle (can't say more without spoiling), and use abillities well to survive!
+ Japanese voices are selectable
+ Don't like using healing potions outside battle? Your HP will regenerate fast!
+ Are you afraid the battle-system is too simple? Fear not, it keeps unlocking tutorials for new stuff all the time
+ The story is actually very interesting
+ When you finish a quest, no need to track down the quest-giver, you'll get the reward right away.
+ big open fields and caverns to explore (At times impressive scale)
+ tons of side-missions
+ If you die, you respawn nearby without any xp loss
+ Excellent art direction

- It's a blurry mess
- It has textures from last generation
- It has a lot of pop ups

To be fair, I'm playing it on a 60" plasma. But I really wish the game would've been a 360 / ps3 game. The wii is really struggling at times. However, graphics do not make or break a game. I woke up early to write this, and right after, I'll play for hours again!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »

Mine hasn't arrived yet :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: