Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 12:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329971 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 59052 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »

For there are MANY advantages of naked Dunban.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »

Against the odds
We choose to fight
Blossom Dance!

Dunban is awesome and the 30% agility from no clothes combined with agility gems makes him almost unstoppable.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »

Just bought it. Yay!!

Welcome to the party. Your social life ends now.

OHSHI-

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »

Took me a while to realize how useful
Code:
Melia
is.

Some thoughts on the story (don't read if you haven't past Prison Island):

Code:
The identity of the mechon with claws was obvious from the start.
Fiora caught me by surprise, I hope they have a good explanation for this, I assumed they buried her body,
Her mech looks like something straight out of zone of the enders.
I'm enjoying the story a lot.

This game exceeded my expectations in every possible way. I wonder how much I have left. Did anyone here finish it yet?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2011, 03:23:24 AM »

Code:
Did you see those smaller mechon run towards where Fiora was after she got hit? I guess those dragged her body away.

Her return didn't come as a surprise though.
It's one of those plottwist we've seen in pretty much every Xeno-game.
Her mechon reminded me of Elly's omnigear...
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2011, 03:43:31 AM »

I just got my copy today. Not too far in yet, but enjoying it so far.

The heart-to-hearts are a bit annoying though. As, at least with the ones I've seen so far, I'm basically guessing answers.

Oh, and does anyone know why there are often "!" marks on the mini-map, but 50% of the time there's nothing there?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:45:41 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2011, 05:54:54 AM »

Code:
Did you see those smaller mechon run towards where Fiora was after she got hit? I guess those dragged her body away.

Her return didn't come as a surprise though.
It's one of those plottwist we've seen in pretty much every Xeno-game.
Her mechon reminded me of Elly's omnigear...

Code:
They never mention that her body disappeared, you'd have thought they would mention the mechon took her body since it would be a weird thing to do.
Yeah, it's also very similar to Elly's gear, I was going to mention that, it's definitely intentional.
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this kind of plot twist. When you kill a character it should stay dead.
You get to do this very dramatic scene to move the player by killing a character and then a few hours later you go "oh wait, she's alive lol gotcha".
Unfortunately it happens a lot, I was hoping it wouldn't happen here.

The heart-to-hearts are a bit annoying though. As, at least with the ones I've seen so far, I'm basically guessing answers.

Oh, and does anyone know why there are often "!" marks on the mini-map, but 50% of the time there's nothing there?

You can ignore them without consequence if you want to.
The "!" represents NPC's with sidequests.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »

Yeah, I got that about the "!". I just can't understand why I lot of the time there's no one where the mini-map marks it. Does it show up if, for example, a person will only appear there at a specific time of day?

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2011, 06:55:42 AM »

Yeah, I got that about the "!". I just can't understand why I lot of the time there's no one where the mini-map marks it. Does it show up if, for example, a person will only appear there at a specific time of day?

That never happened to me. Maybe they're on a different floor than you?

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »

There was a couple in town I just couldn't find. Weird. Guess I'll go take another look next time I play. Maybe I'm just blind? :P

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »

If the "!" is there, that means so is the person. Some of them are in REALLY Akward places. One guy I was trying to find had the same colour clothes as the wall he was standing against and I just walked past him 50 times. An other was standing on a bridge above my head but I didn't even know there was a bridge up there.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »

If the "!" is there, that means so is the person. Some of them are in REALLY Akward places. One guy I was trying to find had the same colour clothes as the wall he was standing against and I just walked past him 50 times. An other was standing on a bridge above my head but I didn't even know there was a bridge up there.

Heh, that's probably my issue then!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »

Found this on gaf:

- In the Item screen, a blue "!" on top of an item means that item will be useful in a future sidequest. A red "!" means it is usable in a current quest. Save it!

- In the menu, under "Items", "Collectopedia", you have a sort of scrap book where you can put one of each item you've found. As you find more items, you get rewards in the form of equipment.

I knew about the first but figured some of you might not. Didn't know you get equipment from the collectopedia though.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »

Heh, that's probably my issue then!

Just stand still and rotate the camera.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

Most people probably know this already but if you trade for an item and give the other person something a lot more valuable, they will give you an extra item that is not on their trade list. I wish the affinity chart had an option to see what each person is trading.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: