Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 08:07:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327209 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 56131 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »

My father is going to England for business in October so I'm thinking of asking him to buy it there. Would you guys recommend this game how much ? All I hear is praise but I'd just like to know if it's a really good RPG or if besides that it does something new.

Finally decided to put items in the collectopaedia and got a ton of items as a result including some very useful gems.

Best jrpg since Persona 4.
Among the top 30 jrpgs ever.

People aren't praising it for nothing.
PLAY THIS GAME.

For example, if this is true "Best jrpg since Persona 4" then I'm getting it sure, but I'd like to know how much I'm losing for waiting.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2011, 02:16:04 AM »

It's on of the best RPGs this generation. You love explorating a large world? This game has it and does it better than, say, Oblivion. The game takes place on a dead god. How awesome is that? The battle system is nice and fast and offers a great amount of debt to anyone who's willing to challenge himself. Lots of optional bosses in this game. Speaking of optional content, there's plenty and it's integrated into the game fairly well. The exploring and questing combined add another 50 hours to the game and it's not like the game is short to begin with. It's very tempting to take breaks from the story often and the game will support that decision every way it can. For instance, You can warp to places you've seen before for free whenever you want. Story's more than decent too and the characters avoid a lot of the tropes other JRPG heroes walk right into. And hey, even if you don't really care what's happening, atleast most of the cutscenes are spectacular. No endless amounts of talking heads, nope.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2011, 09:33:32 AM »

Yeah, as it turns out I had been neglecting to upgrade my armor and skills with all of the other stuff there is to do.  The boss I was stuck at reminded me of that, and after upgrading, I was able to win fairly easily.  I just got frustrated and assumed it was an unfair difficulty spike, when it was just me being too carefree.

I'm having a blast again.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2011, 09:35:47 AM »

It's on of the best RPGs this generation. You love explorating a large world? This game has it and does it better than, say, Oblivion. The game takes place on a dead god. How awesome is that? The battle system is nice and fast and offers a great amount of debt to anyone who's willing to challenge himself. Lots of optional bosses in this game. Speaking of optional content, there's plenty and it's integrated into the game fairly well. The exploring and questing combined add another 50 hours to the game and it's not like the game is short to begin with. It's very tempting to take breaks from the story often and the game will support that decision every way it can. For instance, You can warp to places you've seen before for free whenever you want. Story's more than decent too and the characters avoid a lot of the tropes other JRPG heroes walk right into. And hey, even if you don't really care what's happening, atleast most of the cutscenes are spectacular. No endless amounts of talking heads, nope.

I watched the first minutes of the game on youtube and I'll get it. For first impressions I can say the music is really good and so is the graphics. Weird as it reminds me of the good stuff of FFXII.
I know one of my cousins is getting Skyrim for a fact so I think I'll give this game priority.
Thanks for the heads up!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

Damn this game is long! Holy shit! I'm almost 40 hours in and it looks like I still have a long way to go. Funny thing is that I get more and more addicted , this game is like crack.
I just saw a guy on gaf saying he's level 22 (15 hours) and still hasn't left colony 9! The internet never seizes to amaze me.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »

Yeah, my clock is at... 110 hours and there is still stuff I want to do. And it's not because I'm a perfectionist, but because I enjoy doing all those little quests and killing unique monsters.

Last game that made me feel this way and go this far was Disgaea, or maybe Tales of the Abyss... No, Tales of the Abyss doesn't really count, since I'm technically still on my first playthrough with Xenoblade. I played through Tales of the Abyss twice.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »

110 hours? I wish I had this much time on my hands...
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »

Well, you can sleep a little less and play a bit more...

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »

Some people were wondering about the soundtrack. Well, now that I'm almost done with the game I can tell you that it's one of the most memorable in recent memory.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »

My copy arrived today. :D

Is it better with a classic controller (which I don't have yet :( ) or the "regular" Wii controller?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2011, 02:19:58 AM »

110 hours? I wish I had this much time on my hands...

Well, I did get the game a week early and clocked in 25 hours the first three days in the name of journalism... Now I just play for fun. Which is good. I'm surprised I didn't burn out after that weekend. That's how great this game is!

Some people were wondering about the soundtrack. Well, now that I'm almost done with the game I can tell you that it's one of the most memorable in recent memory.

If you register the game at Nintendo's website, you can download a 12 track soundtrack for free. The offer lasts until the end of the month.

Is it better with a classic controller (which I don't have yet :( ) or the "regular" Wii controller?

Classic.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2011, 04:25:39 AM »

I've bought this game, I am so fucking glad I bought a Wii, Oops. Next in line for me to play,, poor enchanted arms still waiting
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »

I've bought this game, I am so fucking glad I bought a Wii, Oops. Next in line for me to play,, poor enchanted arms still waiting

I can't comment on Xenoblade yet but as for Enchanted Arms, pal, please do yourself a favor and don't even play that game. Everything about it is bad. SO bad I won't even go into much details, both voice languages are horrible, music, characters, graphics. If I'm not mistaken the only saving grace was the combat that wasn't even good, it was just fine. This game makes Star Ocean 4 looks like game of the year.

Just for my random creativity of things in RPGs that are more fun than this whole game: getting 1 Hit KO'ed, getting undead status, losing all your souls in Demon's Souls with you body just in front of you, the dub of Star Ocean 3, searching for metal slimes to have them run at you, just to give an idea.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:11:05 PM by Farron » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »

I didn't think Enchanted Arms was that bad. Admittedly I got it when it first came to PS3 at a time when the RPG library was quite small. My memory on it is quite fuzzy but I liked it well enough. Xenoblade is the better game by far though.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »

Christ this game is endless!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: