Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 215551 times)

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
Damn it, RPGFan. Now you've done it. All the praise has caused me to cave and buy this game. Now I'm gonna have to softmod this puppy.

I'm debating using the letterbomb method unless anyone has any suggestions (I have a 3 year old white wii with 4.3).

Has anyone from the states ordered from the website game.co.uk? How's the shipping speed?

EDIT: Now, watch. It'll be annouced for the US next week, just like Tales of Graces was (grumblemumble)

I'm...sorry? :P

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Lucca

• AMG A GIRL
  • SUGAR PEAS!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgcafe.net
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »
Damn it, RPGFan. Now you've done it. All the praise has caused me to cave and buy this game. Now I'm gonna have to softmod this puppy.

I'm debating using the letterbomb method unless anyone has any suggestions (I have a 3 year old white wii with 4.3).

Has anyone from the states ordered from the website game.co.uk? How's the shipping speed?

EDIT: Now, watch. It'll be annouced for the US next week, just like Tales of Graces was (grumblemumble)

:) Aww, I forgive you RPGFan. I always will!

Themadcow

• RPGing since '84
  • 4 groups of 99 Berzerkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:52 AM »
Living in the UK I almost feel obliged to buy this, just because it's sooooo damn rare to get a decent RPG before (or instead of) NA.

Over half my DS games are US imports :(

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »

I'm not going to apologize for convincing someone to buy one of the best jrpgs ever. Screw you.
Code: [Select]
:-)
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

ShadowLaguna

• Rattle your goddamn head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
Oh for god's sake, this is getting ridiculous. As much as I love this game, the difficulty has suddenly skyrocketed all of a sudden. I'm nearing the end, I think, and the difficulty's been pretty fair throughout until now. Seriously...

I'm up to fighting Gadolt.
It's like a shitstain on top of an amazing scoop of ice cream. By the way, I'm pretty pissed, as you can tell. xD

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
Oh for god's sake, this is getting ridiculous. As much as I love this game, the difficulty has suddenly skyrocketed all of a sudden. I'm nearing the end, I think, and the difficulty's been pretty fair throughout until now. Seriously...

It's like a shitstain on top of an amazing scoop of ice cream. By the way, I'm pretty pissed, as you can tell. xD

That fight is a huge difficulty spike, I already mentioned it in this thread, it fucking sucks. BTW, you're not nearing the end, not even close.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

ShadowLaguna

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2011, 09:41:19 AM »
BTW, you're not nearing the end, not even close.

GODDAMMIT I JUST BOUGHT DARK SOULS.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »

That fight is a huge difficulty spike, I already mentioned it in this thread, it fucking sucks. BTW, you're not nearing the end, not even close.

It isn't so bad if you rush towards him and ignore the small fry. They do much less damage up close than he will do from a distance.

ShadowLaguna

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
Oh sorry, I need to make myself a bit more clear next time. I was talking about the second fight with him. The first fight in the large corridor's long gone. I did that in a few tries. But I've fully beaten him now. So much frustration.

And Gadolt's dead. :C

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
... That fight did not leave an impression. I had a lot more trouble with the first one! As in it took me two tries.

I may have been a tiny bit overleveled.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »
Oh sorry, I need to make myself a bit more clear next time. I was talking about the second fight with him. The first fight in the large corridor's long gone. I did that in a few tries. But I've fully beaten him now. So much frustration.

And Gadolt's dead. :C

That's the one I'm talking about too, the first fight didn't give me much trouble.

ShadowLaguna

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »
... That fight did not leave an impression. I had a lot more trouble with the first one! As in it took me two tries.

I may have been a tiny bit overleveled.

Ah well, whatever gave me an excuse to finish off some quests and find more undiscovered areas.

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
Loving this game, played most of the day yesterday. I'm currently just approaching Colony 6. This has SO MUCH of what I love in an RPG: exploration, good character interaction (I actually really do love the battle chatter, it feels pretty realistic), an engaging story, but doesn't take itself TOO seriously. Though I can tell that it's made by the same people who did Xenosaga, I'm really glad they left the bulk of their technobabble and philosophy babble at the door.

Also, the world is really intreguing! It reminds me a little of Ar Tonelico (a world where the terrain isn't just on a flat surface, but goes up some structure), but much more interesting and involved. It makes for some WEIRD vistas too!

Damn I'm glad I got this!

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
an engaging story, but doesn't take itself TOO seriously.

Yeah, enjoy that while it lasts...

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
I mean the tone, not the actual events. The story is bleaker than hell,

main characters have already died
But ~10 hours in, it's still treated as a fantasy epic, instead of the deadpan somber thelosophy phest that Xenosaga and Xenogears were.