Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330116 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 59645 times)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »

Beat and loved it, if this game was a Final Fantasy, people would be laughing at FF less.  Here are my (non spoiler) complaints(all tiny):

No US Version:  Not the devs fault, but hey its NoA's loss.
No HD: This game would have looked AWESOME in HD, but once again not the dev's faults.
Sometimes its hard to find the quest ender: Could have been fixed, not a super big deal.
The Visions in combat sometimes ruined combat's pacing: They should have added a skip option, once again not a big deal.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »

Gosh I love this game. 20 hours in and I'm just hitting the Satoral Marsh now.

I know I can't complete every sidequest, but I'm busting my brains out trying to find King Squeeze in colony 9. They say he's under a bridge...but WHICH ONE? :( Looked everywhere!

Also hey guys it's REYN TIME! :D

I hit the Satoral Marsh at 21 hours myself!! And the king Squeeze quest was one of the last I have backtrack to do! LoL--- Gee golly, whats the chances !? heh....

Anyhoo I'm at 26 hours and still meandering through the swamp.... who'd have thought so much time could be committed to helping a little camp of cute little merchant creatures... I mean heck, there are only like 4 of them! Quests aside though, I love the visuals in the swamp.... so whimsical and pretty..... ahhh well enough from me, its back to slaughtering some humanoid lizards and hunting volif :)

EDIT: BTW real quick.... I've got an inventory/ gem crafting question.... Is there any reason to hold onto low level crystals and gems? My inventory seems to fill up fast yet money is certainly not short so I haven't been selling, but if there is no reason to hold on to em I suppose its off to the market they go....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:23:28 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »

When you get higher level crystals the low level ones become irrelevant. You wont want to waste a slot with a +50 hp crystal if you can make a +100 hp one. You might have some trouble finding high level crystals of certain types though so the low level ones might be all you have to create certain status enhancements.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2011, 06:59:04 PM »

I know this has been discussed but, what are the chances of Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower to be released on the WiiU as launch titles in the US?  I mean, the console is close to being released in some aspect, hopefully this Summer, Nintendo knows how bad the North American market wants these three games, if that were to happen, how about them release a little unknown title that also got shafted in the states called Disaster: Day of Crisis. 

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2011, 04:46:01 AM »

Ok.... it finally happened.... I think I am finally going to move on, with the story without worrying so much about the side quests.... I'm at 58 hours and am at Eryth Sea, about to move on the prison island, having compulsively completed just about each and every quest I've come across but it seems they are just never-ending! I can't take it!!! I NEED to see more story..... did anyone else reach this point of "screw it" and just start moving on without worrying so much about 100% completion?

And lastly.... my true question.... how much will miss out on if I give up on the colony six stuff? Its the only real aspect I've neglected..... Please don't reveal what I will miss out on (I have tried very hard not to spoil anything on myself), a simple "keep reconstructing the colony" or  a "nah, its nothing to write home about" will suffice.... Thanks a bunch for your time and replies!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »

I think it's best to drop by once in a while and see if you can complete some request. More often than not they don't ask for anything too rare.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2011, 07:44:22 PM »

This might be really stupid to ask, but I know you can trade with people in this game...it just hasn't happened for me yet. I'm sure a side quest triggers it, but I'm at Sword Valley and I still haven't traded with anyone. Would help with poor colony six. :(

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2011, 03:59:10 AM »

Stand next to a named NPC and you should see two option. IIRC: a - talk, y - trade.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2011, 04:13:31 PM »

This might be really stupid to ask, but I know you can trade with people in this game...it just hasn't happened for me yet. I'm sure a side quest triggers it, but I'm at Sword Valley and I still haven't traded with anyone. Would help with poor colony six. :(

Don't feel bad, I thought I couldn't leave Eryth Sea for hours at first because I still hadn't used the "hop to map" function from the menu.... figured running everywhere on foot was the best way to accumulate all those quest items :)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »

Or if you're using the Wii waggle stick, its "2"
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »

I love you guys. I just spent the whole afternoon just trading with people. Then I got whipped by robots in Sword Valley. Seriously, the enemies there just skyrocket in levels! Can't beat the guy in the radio tower...grrr.

By the way, any good trades I cannot miss?

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »

Uh... any trades for quests? The problem is the tradables sometimes vary depending on the affection rank of the area you are in (5 star Frontier Village has different stuff than one star Frontier Village).

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »

There's an image floating around on GAF that shows the game as a GameStop exclusive for April in NA:

http://t.co/vq3y45ym

Now, as a former GameStop employee, I trust these dates and listings about as much as I trust Wendy's to get my order right, but it'll be interesting to see what the deal is here, and more specifically, who the publisher is.  GameStop exclusives tend to be low-end titles from smaller pubs.  The last Nintendo retailer-exclusive I can remember was when they released Chibi Robo DS exclusively at WalMart.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »

Aksys or XSeed maybe?

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo?ref=ts&sk=app_306037222746811#!/media/set/?set=a.197809840303477.48991.119240841493711&type=1
Might be real
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:27:57 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »

I now can't help the tiny rumbling of excitement over this. Even though there's maybe a 1% chance of it being true. This is going to spread like wildfire and Nintendo will be forced to address it. Or just ignore it like they usually do.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: