Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329783 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 58571 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: December 06, 2011, 02:58:05 AM »

There's this bar with moves on the bottom of the screen. The one in the middle recharges by letting the character perform normal attacks (this happens automatically unless you order him/her to use another attack). That's where Shulk keeps his Monado skills while other characters have their own special attacks. For instance, Dunbans special consists of three attacks you need to time with the b-button. I'll let someone else fill you in on his attack phrase, because I don't want to hog all the fun.

Next to the special attack are a bunch of skills that all recharge at their own pace. Each character learns a whole bunch of them and you need to come up with a proper movesets yourself. Skills can be improved as you progress and gain more experience.

Sometimes a party member will need some help or cheering up. That's what the b button is for. Using this will also improve the relationship between characters.

As you fight, the party gauge will fill up. You can use it to revive fallen allies or, if it's completely full, stop time and unleash a combo attack in which all active members can participate. The better the characters get along, the longer the combo can become. When you follow up a skill with a skill of the same colour, that attack will be much stronger. These combo's can be used to knock down and stun huge enemies or do massive damage.

Sometimes Shulk has a vision. You can approach an ally and give him/her an order to keep the bad future from happening. Time will stop while you give the command and it will cost one bar from the party gauge.

You only control one characters, the others are controled by AI. Aside from one or two characters, the AI is pretty competent. There are no gambits or whatever. You change their skillsets instead.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »

after thinking it over i think this is the system seller i've been waiting for. i'm getting a wii instead of a wii u cause there are some game cube games i wanna play too, namely skies of arcadia.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »

after thinking it over i think this is the system seller i've been waiting for. i'm getting a wii instead of a wii u cause there are some game cube games i wanna play too, namely skies of arcadia.

Nintendo has already started removing Gamecube support from the Wii.  Be very careful about which model you get.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 06, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »

Nintendo has already started removing Gamecube support from the Wii.  Be very careful about which model you get.

It MAY be easiest to buy used, but an easy way to tell: If the system is set up vertically on the box then it has GC support. If it's horizontal then it lacks GC support.

Similarly, I think the Mario Kart bundles are guaranteed to have GC support as well as the red Mario ones if you can find them, whereas the non-red NSMB bundles lack it I believe.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »

It MAY be easiest to buy used, but an easy way to tell: If the system is set up vertically on the box then it has GC support. If it's horizontal then it lacks GC support.

Similarly, I think the Mario Kart bundles are guaranteed to have GC support as well as the red Mario ones if you can find them, whereas the non-red NSMB bundles lack it I believe.

thanks for the heads up i'd've been so pissed had i got one without and had to go through the hassle of trying to trade up or return.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:39 PM »

Actually, here's a way to compare: Black Wii with GC support, and Black Wii without GC support.

The logo's also oriented differently, meant to be read properly at the angles shown on the box.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 07, 2011, 03:02:31 AM »

Ok, after playing the PAL version on my Homebrewed Wii I got kind of annoyed by the fact that this beautiful game gets crammed on such crappy hardware, so I turned to the INTERNET!

Lo, and behold, the Dolphin emulator allows you to play the game (via ISO - rip it from your retail disk please) with all manner of fancy post processing and HD graphics, playable with an Xbox 360 wired controller.. I haven't had a chance to reload FRAPS on my PC, but you can check out these user videos.

http://youtu.be/5-3qjZrUqjA

Thank god for the emulator community.

BTW, the PAL version gives you the option to play in Japanese with english subtitles.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:05:43 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Richardbro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »

Confirmed for Canada:

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-toronto/nintendo-announces-canadian-release-of-xenoblade-chronicles-details-forthcoming

Good to hear, even though I would have ordered it from Gamestop anyway.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2011, 12:10:10 AM »

It should have been confirmed for both countries in the first place.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2011, 12:57:04 AM »

Printing a French manual is a bitch.
Glad they reworked their sale to Canada, yeah it should have been announced for everywhere anyways.  Maybe it was just some drunk employee who sort of fucked the pooch on announcing that properly.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2011, 03:12:18 AM »

They probably just wanted to cause a few heartattacks in jrpg-starved canadians.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2011, 05:46:33 AM »

TWOLS! LOTS OF DEM!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2011, 10:09:02 AM »

Finally got FRAPS installed. Here's what it looks like running at 1920x1200, no AA, 16x AF.  The way all Wii games were meant to be played :)

Title Screen
The Creation of the World
Game Over Man!
Old Heroes
Outnumbered.
Battle!
Big Boss
Bird's Eye View
Crazy Detail
Outside Town
Evening Falls
Love Interest in Daylight
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:16:44 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »

You can't just link to pointlessly oversized images?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: December 08, 2011, 10:46:58 AM »

Finally got FRAPS installed. Here's what it looks like running at 1920x1200, no AA, 16x AF.  The way all Wii games were meant to be played :)

Old Heroes

I just want to mention how much these guys remind me of Xenogear's Bart, Fei, and Citan in that order in this pic if they were 20 years older than they were in that game and had no actual relation to them.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: