Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 12:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319710 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 53200 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »

Well, while playing Xenoblade, I did get the feeling they did some recycling. The dude on the right got mad skillz, yep.

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »

Finally got FRAPS installed. Here's what it looks like running at 1920x1200, no AA, 16x AF.  The way all Wii games were meant to be played :)

Old Heroes

I just want to mention how much these guys remind me of Xenogear's Bart, Fei, and Citan in that order in this pic if they were 20 years older than they were in that game and had no actual relation to them.

I concur.... totally got a Xenogears "vibe" from alot of the visuals while playing this... which is a good thing... I mean if something is going to be recycled might as well be something worth experiencing again to some degree right?

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »

They probably just wanted to cause a few heartattacks in jrpg-starved canadians.
We need to get through these coldass winters somehow.

Also Xenogears vibe? Sign me up.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2011, 03:41:58 PM »

Finally got FRAPS installed. Here's what it looks like running at 1920x1200, no AA, 16x AF.  The way all Wii games were meant to be played :)

<Pictures>

Those are pretty crazy.  I saw Skyward Sword ones that were really awesome looking too.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm eying one of those i7s that can be clocked up to the 4.0+ for this reason alone.  Legally of course.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2011, 10:31:19 PM »

Recently got my import copy (bad fucking timing), I swear to god, if they say monado one more time....

:EDIT:
Oh, heres a screen cap with all the bells and whistles turned on (1080p, AA, everything). i7 990x woot.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:46:37 PM by Uru » Logged
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »

So okay guys I'm in the chest area of the Mechonis and I've clocked in almost 70 hours now. I'm starting to wonder if this game will ever end. ;)

Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: December 23, 2011, 03:09:02 AM »

For anyone in the UK who hasn't got this, Gamestation are now selling for 9.98 INCLUDING a genuine Wii Classic controller. Which is frankly nuts.

Unfortunately, it also suggest sales weren't brilliant when it was released.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 23, 2011, 03:14:14 AM »

On the other hand it HAS been a few months and we had a reprint, so it could go either way.
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: December 23, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

Wow, thanks for the heads up. :D I really hope it comes back into stock. I already have it in Japanese, but at that kind of price I'll happily buy it again. I was planning on replaying it anyway, and I'd be curious to run through it with the British dub. Maybe I'll put the text in French or something too, so I can call it study and not feel guilty about throwing another hundred odd hours at a game I've already finished.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: December 27, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »

Yeah...I said that its easy enough to find a while back. Sadly I have to call BS on my own statement. Unless I place an order for it, its pretty much unobtainable since stumbling upon it sitting on a store shelf is near impossible.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: December 27, 2011, 10:41:26 PM »

Yeah...I said that its easy enough to find a while back. Sadly I have to call BS on my own statement. Unless I place an order for it, its pretty much unobtainable since stumbling upon it sitting on a store shelf is near impossible.

Perhaps you may need to *puts on shades* import it. AAAAuuuu!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »

Sorry to revive a month old thread but... ARGHHH!!! Does this game get freakin' tough toward the end!!....or at least I think I'm near the end....

I gave up side quests somewhere around 80 hours in.... I decided it was time to charge through the main story.... but alas I seem to be getting slaughtered by the enemies where I'm at now.... well some of them at least... so I guess its either grinding time, or quest time...

I'm almost at 100 hours man! This is getting nuts.....

I'm almost at the point where I want to use a guide to complete some quests.... mind you I said "almost".... faqs and guides always have ruined the experience for me to a degree so I swore off em years ago and thus I will refrain... but boy I am tempted with this one
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:59:10 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »

Are you in a certain brown and red city with enemies roaming about? I found that area had a difficulty spike. Lots of exp though.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »

I'm almost at the point where I want to use a guide to complete some quests.... mind you I said "almost".... faqs and guides always have ruined the experience for me to a degree so I swore off em years ago and thus I will refrain... but boy I am tempted with this one

Everytime I use a guide, something either ends up spoiled or I can't stop looking at it for every little thing.   I don't like 'em much either.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »

I do feel like near the end of the game is when the good balancing kind of falls apart. Now, rather than easily finding quests in your level range and using them in place of a grind, almost every quest you find is way past your level, and you need to go grind on monsters to level up enough to make the final bosses a non-issue and to do post-game content. Not that it was THAT bad of a grind thankfully, but you needed to find the right place (a tip: Once you're in the level 70 range the Bionis' leg becomes a great place for grinding as those monsters are now surmountable.)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: