Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 07:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330159 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 59760 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 29, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »

Not every article on that day is a goof.............

and if it is, then I got fooled. But until I see proof that he says IT IS NOT related, then can we agree its at least debatable?.

The game's been out for almost two years in Japan, and several months in Europe, and I've imported and played through it. If you don't mind spoiling yourself then hit the Xenoblade wikia or TVtropes and go crazy, and if you don't want to spoil yourself then keep quiet until the game is out in North America.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: January 29, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »

Its debatable. And thats the last I want to talk about that.

Monolith has a new rpg project they are working on and its either "xeno" related or baten
Wait, you bring a goof article as documented proof to a debate, and then decide to cut your losses and end the conversation? Wow....

Anyways, something I didn't look at in here, but are you stuck using shitty motion controls ala every fucking terrible wii game ever? Gotta say, if so, will not be running to play this as fast as I thought. Better yet, can you use a gamecube controller to play?

TASTY!
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: January 29, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »

We dont know it is a goof article, all I said is that's what i remember reading ( maybe I did get fooled, who knows). I never read anything definitive that said they were or were not related.   Unless you think anything written on that day is a goof? I just don't feel like arguing about it ( I regret bringing it up).

On topic:

The controls on this game are fine. And Ive already put about 50 hours into it.

Ive always enjoyed ff 12, and this is how I imagine a sequel to that game would be like.

Ive had it imported for some time and I can say its up there in my top 100.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:15:24 PM by VampiricDragon_ » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: January 29, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »

We dont know it is a goof article, all I said is that's what i remember reading ( maybe I did get fooled, who knows). I never read anything definitive that said they were or were not related.   Unless you think anything written on that day is a goof? I just don't feel like arguing about it ( I regret bringing it up).

On topic:

The controls on this game are fine. And Ive already put about 50 hours into it.

Ive always enjoyed ff 12, and this is how I imagine a sequel to that game would be like.

Ive had it imported for some time and I can say its up there in my top 100.
Doesn't really answer my question though. Motion controls are obnoxious and a waste. I work enough, I don't want my video games giving me fucking tennis elbow after spending 2-5 hours in a small space running cable through fiberglass insulation and exposed nails. My dislike for the wii is saved for a different topic, but my question stands on if a gamecube controller is useable as a play method or if you're stuck doing silly wave motions in the air to do a super move when pressing X would have sufficed.

TASTY!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2012, 11:25:09 PM »

Not every article on that day is a goof.............

The ones that start with "AFD:" are.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »

Anyways, something I didn't look at in here, but are you stuck using shitty motion controls ala every fucking terrible wii game ever? Gotta say, if so, will not be running to play this as fast as I thought. Better yet, can you use a gamecube controller to play?

The game doesn't use motion even if you DO use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, and the GC isn't supported nor would it honestly be a good idea, all four shoulder buttons and the Select button are used so they would've needed to make a third control scheme to accommodate it, not to mention that if you hate that little, somewhat out of the way D-Pad on the GC controller you'd be stuck with it for Arts selection. Some like the Wii Remote + Nunchuk setup best, but if you'd still prefer a standard controller then just get a Classic Controller Pro for this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:57:03 AM by Eusis » Logged
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: January 29, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »

exactly

you arent swinging..............

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: January 29, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »

The game doesn't use motion even if you DO use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, and the GC isn't supported nor would it honestly be a good idea, all four shoulder buttons and the Back button are used so they would've needed to make a third control scheme to accommodate it, not to mention that if you hate that little, somewhat out of the way D-Pad on the GC controller you'd be stuck with it for Arts selection. Some like the Wii Remote + Nunchuk setup best, but if you'd still prefer a standard controller than just get a Classic Controller Pro for this.
Okay glad you cleared that up. Glad I bought my sister that classic controller for her wii...that I bought her as well.

Also, I just read that article. Really, you bought that article as legit. Chu chu breeding and arena? Cmon, if you played a xeno game you can't be that gullible.

TASTY!
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: January 29, 2012, 11:37:02 PM »

I did play the game, and I have to admit I got some similar feelings and I have theories of my own
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #429 on: January 29, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »

The game doesn't use motion even if you DO use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, and the GC isn't supported nor would it honestly be a good idea, all four shoulder buttons and the Back button are used so they would've needed to make a third control scheme to accommodate it, not to mention that if you hate that little, somewhat out of the way D-Pad on the GC controller you'd be stuck with it for Arts selection. Some like the Wii Remote + Nunchuk setup best, but if you'd still prefer a standard controller than just get a Classic Controller Pro for this.
Okay glad you cleared that up. Glad I bought my sister that classic controller for her wii...that I bought her as well.

Also, I just read that article. Really, you bought that article as legit. Chu chu breeding and arena? Cmon, if you played a xeno game you can't be that gullible.

I agree. It should have been plainly obvious that the article was false.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: January 29, 2012, 11:51:48 PM »

I agree. It should have been plainly obvious that the article was false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAa36d-HPyQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=38s

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »

I shall forever call that "the sinestro slaP!". Mark Strong is fucking awesome.

TASTY!
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: January 31, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

anyone do all the side quests yet>
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »

I tried, but I think I ended up short 4.

These were the outstanding ones:

Two required 10 rare collectables that nobody trades in the two different late game areas (after several hours, only had 3 of each so gave up on that)

Didn't do a rare monster in Satorl Marsh because it NEVER got damn foggy enough after spinning the clock for an hour.

Ditto for another on a hot day in Makna.

I think I got the rest - I checked a FAQ and couldn't see any I missed starting.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:50 PM »

I think ive done at least 200.

But man, I think I need a break lol
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: