Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341199 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 67093 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »

Someone needs to get this guy his own short bus.

Fucking 'Fanners!!!  I always wanna quote the awesome stuff that gets said here!!

I'm using that line on a friend.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »

Wait... wow. Somehow I missed that post, that is priceless! Probably the longest I've ever been duped by an April fools joke is like 5 minutes. 10 months is not only stupidity, it's stupidity and denial.

Someone needs to get this guy his own short bus.
What's better is that he was apparently a good chunk of the way through the game. I'm not sure how it's possible to believe that's for real after making as much progress as he (supposedly) made.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: February 01, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »

I hate to say it, but things like Evengellion have trained anime and gamer nerds to look WAY more into things then they ever need to, and extrapolate things that just aren't there. I see it time and time again, outlandish mindbending theories that make no sense. I can't completely blame them, though, seeing as though many anime and games practically make the same leaps, but in cannon. I really dispise plots that end up doing this, because it nullifies any sense of being able to make logical connections. By bending the audiences brains so much, it's basically teaching them not to use their own brains, because how the fuck would you expect to actually make your own logical conclusions?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: February 02, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »

Oh noes. Who's going to bump the SRW threads now?

I don't have a Wii anymore but I'll purchase Xenoblade to support the market. And maybe it will run in an emu or something.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: February 02, 2012, 02:42:25 AM »

Oh noes. Who's going to bump the SRW threads now?

I don't have a Wii anymore but I'll purchase Xenoblade to support the market. And maybe it will run in an emu or something.
Shhhhhh, people will assume you're evil, because emulation is fully legal but people are still retarded!

Lol, i wish I could run a wii emulator. My sister hates lending me the wii I bought US when I wanna play with it. Gonna be fun when I wanna play xenoblade in april.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 02, 2012, 03:05:36 AM »

Just hold on to the game for Wii U or something, regardless of the stance on emulators most DVD drives simply won't recognize Wii discs.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: February 02, 2012, 03:12:15 AM »

Just hold on to the game for Wii U or something, regardless of the stance on emulators most DVD drives simply won't recognize Wii discs.
I'll pretend I didn't read that....even though I have quoted it now....yeah >_>

I HIGHLY doubt I'd geta wii u, I have enough trouble wanting to use my wii as is. I have bought no games for it for my own use as of yet. The biggest thing I've done with it is play skies of arcadia on it about 4 years ago.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »

I like Nintendo's core games genearally, though I do think third party appeal has slowly ramped up after the terrible fall the N64 had. Maybe with the Wii U we'll return to something vaguely resembling the SNES glory days in regards to third party support, at least if the rumors of not being THAT underpowered compared to the next Xbox are true.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:56:47 AM by Eusis » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: February 02, 2012, 03:42:59 AM »

I'll level with you, I owned every nintendo console over the last 20 years. Snes was awesome, no one will ever argue that, but every other one of the consoles was nothing I have superiorly fo d memories of. N64 and gamecube were meh, gameboy advance was meh, ds had some moments where I felt like I was on my old snes kick, but after an hour of awkward positioned gameplay I lost the feel. I can't blame nintendo for trying to basically be the stepping stone for video games, the first step, but as I got older, they never had a grasp on me like they did when I was 7 years old. To this day, they still haven't realized that you can actually make less kid oriented games using their motion technology, family friendly characters, and laat generation hardware with fresh paint. Why can't we get more super mario RPG titles out there, that game was fucking amazing. Why not make a metroid rpg? Why not make a zelda action game ( more actiony I mean, devil may cry does pretty well). Nintendo is the one company who can afford to take risks with new ideas, but instead they just add features that nobody really cares for. Honestly, if the wii were made without motion control, do you think its sales would have suffered? 5 years after it came out and its biggest selling games are all not motion controlled priority, like brawl, mario kart, new super mario brothers. I'm generalizing a bit here, but I'm not far off. Nintendo really did a disservice to many of its fans in my humble opinion.

Yeah, its off topic really, but I wanted to vent....cuz I can't sleep right now anyway.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: February 02, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »

The few games that I've *loved* on a Nintendo console (not SNES; too many freaking-awesome-games on that one) are enough for me.  Life's too full to fill it with gaming lately, so as long as there are a few games to love, I'm happy with that.

But I really hope the Wii-U turns things around, despite the stupid name.
Either way, I bought the Wii mostly for Brawl... I'm pretty sure me, brother, and friends clocked enough hours into that to justify the entire console. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »

I hate to say it, but things like Evengellion have trained anime and gamer nerds to look WAY more into things then they ever need to, and extrapolate things that just aren't there. I see it time and time again, outlandish mindbending theories that make no sense.
I agree. Some of the conspiracy theories that people like VD come up with are ridiculous.

Anyway, about the Wii-U, the fact that NIntendo took FIVE YEARS to realize the 'true potential' of their gimmick (and even then it was really only in Skyward Sword), on the cusp of the release of their next system has made me really fucking jaded. I bought the Wii at launch and Nintendo ended up hemming and hawwing before throwing out motion plus and giving us ONE game, maybe two, that used it well.

A part of me hopes that the Wii-U crashes and burns because of Nintendo's general idiocy regarding their home consoles.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »

I feel you. It was a strange move. But personally, to be honest, motion control was never high on my priority list, so I don't find myself caring all that much. I'll have to see what I think of the Wii-U. But I'll probably end up getting one anyway, just because I've practically given away my Wii to my girlfriend and her kid siblings. It's better that way since they get to all play together, and I can enjoy it when I'm over there. I'll borrow it back for Last Story, but if I really want to play another string of Wii games in the future, I'll probably just buy a Wii-U.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »

I like Nintendo's core games genearally, though I do think third party appeal has slowly ramped up after the terrible fall the N64 had. Maybe with the Wii U we'll return to something vaguely resembling the SNES glory days in regards to third party support, at least if the rumors of not being THAT underpowered compared to the next Xbox are true.

I highly doubt this as I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft were to spawn a new console at this year's E3 just to steal the Wii U's thunder. Besides they're due for a new console anyway given the age of the 360. Either way though 3rd party developers themselves are reason enough as to why Nintendo will never recapture the glory days of the SuperNES. Generally speaking the few experimental titles that other companies come out with typically end up on handhelds (or now potentially online) while console titles are made in the safest and most conservative ways possible. And let's not get into the various companies that have become massive by swallowing up their competitors wholesale then spitting out the talent.

Also say what you will about the WiiMotion+ but at least it's at least trying harder than the Kinect ever will. (Besides what non-built in peripheral has ever been embraced by 3rd party developers in any meaningful way beyond the Famicom Disk System?)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: February 02, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »

Also say what you will about the WiiMotion+ but at least it's at least trying harder than the Kinect ever will. (Besides what non-built in peripheral has ever been embraced by 3rd party developers in any meaningful way beyond the Famicom Disk System?)

He might not be a third party developer..... but Fred Savage's support of the power glove was certainly meaningful.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: February 02, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »

The problem here is that Kinect was never meant to replace the traditional control scheme of the 360 (nor was Move supposed to replace the PS3 control scheme), whereas the Wii remote WAS - and correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, Nintendo promised 1:1 motion support from day one, and what we got was pretty sad (see: Red Steel), then later on said "Oh yeah, NOW it's 1:1! Buy our shit!"

Kinect is not required to play the 360's best games, nor is the Move required to play the PS3's best games, and more to the point, Nintendo purposely didn't give Wii strong graphical or processing capabilities precisely because of motion control implementation - which ended up being nothing but hot air, since it ended up not meeting its full potential AND ended up costing Nintendo third party support.

I've bought almost all of Nintendo's consoles early (outside of a few of their handhelds), but this has made me feel really burned and I'm hesitant to even buy a Wii-U at all now, much less at launch. How many add-ons will they put in and then tell us "Yeah, this is what we REALLY wanted to do, so just buy this add-on for these two games!" It's also partly why I waited so long to get a 3DS and even then it was partially a gift from a friend.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: