Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 07:51:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 61836 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »

As antio-motion controller as I am, I admit that sony has the best set up regarding it. Move works well....but motion controls still suck. If I want to press the A button, mercilessly swinging my left hand up and down doesn't fit the scheme. If I want to throw a frisbee or shoot a bow and arrow or throw a basketball or go bowling, I will go out and do such things with friends. Video games are video games, activities are activities. Stop trying to combine them, then assault us with modern warfare for the wii.

TASTY!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »

The problem here is that Kinect was never meant to replace the traditional control scheme of the 360 (nor was Move supposed to replace the PS3 control scheme), whereas the Wii remote WAS - and correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, Nintendo promised 1:1 motion support from day one, and what we got was pretty sad (see: Red Steel), then later on said "Oh yeah, NOW it's 1:1! Buy our shit!"

Now that I don't recall anyone ever saying. I knew long before the Wii's launch that it wasn't 1:1 control, and I don't remember them ever outwardly lieing about the control. I think the technology was new enough, though, that they weren't even quite aware of it's shortcomings, which is why they tried to make Red Steel in the first place. I don't think they would have even attempted that game if they realized how badly the control would suck, but by the time it became obvious, they were committed.

To their credit, the Wii was the first motion controller with games on the market, so of course the devices to come later would be superior. I'm not convinced that anyone got less than what was advertised, at least on the technology side. Now... in grade A games, yes... us Wii owners got BURNED.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: February 03, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »

The problem here is that Kinect was never meant to replace the traditional control scheme of the 360 (nor was Move supposed to replace the PS3 control scheme), whereas the Wii remote WAS - and correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, Nintendo promised 1:1 motion support from day one, and what we got was pretty sad (see: Red Steel), then later on said "Oh yeah, NOW it's 1:1! Buy our shit!"

Now that I don't recall anyone ever saying. I knew long before the Wii's launch that it wasn't 1:1 control, and I don't remember them ever outwardly lieing about the control. I think the technology was new enough, though, that they weren't even quite aware of it's shortcomings, which is why they tried to make Red Steel in the first place. I don't think they would have even attempted that game if they realized how badly the control would suck, but by the time it became obvious, they were committed.

To their credit, the Wii was the first motion controller with games on the market, so of course the devices to come later would be superior. I'm not convinced that anyone got less than what was advertised, at least on the technology side. Now... in grade A games, yes... us Wii owners got BURNED.
Yeah...bout that first motion controller...sega wants a word with you.

http://www.revrob.com/sci-a-tech-topmenu-52/146-sega-activator-full-body-motion-controller

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 03, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

http://www.revrob.com/sci-a-tech-topmenu-52/146-sega-activator-full-body-motion-controller

Nintendo counter!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »

Validates my post, but touche nonetheless.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:06:52 PM by D. tnegA » Logged

TASTY!
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: February 03, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »

That's why I specified "out with games on the market". What I meant was, "widely adopted default controller". Aftermarket controllers have NEVER EVER hit it big. Not to the extent that a huge selection of games get made for them. There were motion controllers LONG before the Wiimote: Sega's, the Sony EyeToy, probably a lot of even more obscure ones. But Nintendo did something unique by actually making it their defacto controller. They also created a whole new expectation for controllers: they will change and you may need different ones for different games. Besides Guitar Hero/Rockband, and the rare lightgun game, no game has ever required a special controller. Now it's completely expected. And it means lots of extra cash for Nintendo. I'm not sure it's a good or bad thing, but it's a big change.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: February 06, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »

You can vote for the xenoblade reversible box art on nintendo's FB page. Beautiful stuff.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: February 06, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »

You can vote for the reversible box art on Nintendo's FB page.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »

Holy fuck, those are beautiful box arts. I don't know if I can choose just two. Can't they give us TWO reversible covers?

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: February 06, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »

I might have to get this and borrow a Wii from someone. Everyone I know that has one hasn't turned it on in like a year.

I voted for the 1st one
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:34:49 PM by Yoda » Logged
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: February 06, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »

The first and the 4th one seem to me to be the obvious choices. I really like the background of the 3rd, but Shulk looks kinda goofy looking at the camera. If they had him looking out over the vista (like on the 4th) that would have been PERFECT!!!  The second one just seems kinda bland to me... from a distance it's just going to look like a solid orange cover, and then people will buy it expecting to get half-life mods.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »

Yeah, first and fourth ones are my favorite as well.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: February 07, 2012, 01:48:13 AM »

Lovin' the first. Second next for a classic Sci-Fi feel. Then fourth. And Shulk looks too damn goofy for the third to place anywhere past last.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: February 07, 2012, 03:37:19 AM »

Oh, we did that in Europe too! In the end the first one won. No surprise there.
Emonzaemon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: February 07, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »

The third and fourth I like, the first and fourth are in a relatively close race.

I want all the box covers, not because I would use them somehow, but because I am human and greedy.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: