Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327204 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 56116 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: February 07, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »

Oooooo... I'm really diggin the 4th one.... thats my vote

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 07, 2012, 05:05:05 PM »

I really want it to be the fourth one. I love skies and aurora. And purple.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »

I really want it to be the fourth one. I love skies and aurora. And purple.

Alternatively I feel that the first is probably the closest we'll get to resembling Secret of Mana's box art which was as gorgeous then as it is now. The party's there but you can only see their backs and their real purpose is to provide a sense of scale to the scenery that's the real star of the scene so to speak. The second one does pretty well too but obviously aims for a scifi feel instead. The fourth one on the other hand has Shulk alone and is too focused on leading to unnecessary distraction. And finally the third one is bringing the rear thanks to Shulk not even doing that himself.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:15 PM »

I'd be quite jealous if you guys got the first cover.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 08, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »

The European reversible cover is really good too! Although it's a shame they don't have Xenoblade Chronicles on the spine to make it look more like an actual cover than just neat inner artwork. Makes me almost wish Wii cases were transparent, because that was the kind of style best suited for those.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #500 on: February 09, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »

Makes me almost wish Wii cases were transparent, because that was the kind of style best suited for those.

That's something I've enjoyed about a lot of PSP titles. I never use reversible covers, so I like having the pretty picture on the inside.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: February 10, 2012, 02:59:55 AM »

Makes me almost wish Wii cases were transparent, because that was the kind of style best suited for those.

That's something I've enjoyed about a lot of PSP titles. I never use reversible covers, so I like having the pretty picture on the inside.

Ys 7 comes to mind here.

>__>
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »

I've done it!! I finally finished this beast at 130 hours and 51 minutes!!!

I just wanted to share my two cents about the ending...

Code:
While I know alot of people didn't like it, I found it very satisfying with the exception of two things I didn't quite get/I feel should have been more thoroughly explained... The whole Zanza destroying and recreating the universe was a concept I would love to know more about... A single button press to cause such a great event... seems, well, anticlimactic when you don't know the meat and potatos of the situation you know?.... Secondly, Fiora's Body.... Did I miss something?.... How did that happen.... Glad to see the ol' girl back to herself and all but I think that deserved a bit more addressing as well....

Thats all, felt the need to express my impression and let the world know what I did with a cumulative 5+ days of my life- LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »

I loved the ending. Honestly, I really wasn't upset about the lack of explanation. For one thing, we all know how good the Monolith team is at explaining techno-babble! Seriously, do you really want to see Shulk sitting in an armchair for 4 hours spouting gibberish?

As for Fiora:
Code:
It seemed pretty self-explanitory to me: Shulk was able to reconstruct an entire world, so one person's body seems fairly trivial by comparison. The who realization that Fiora got her body back was the final "twist" they were using as a mechanic for the ending. They wouldn't have been able to do that wonderful "looking through her eyes" ending that they did without it. I loved it.

As for the holes and questions? That's excellent sequel fodder! If they wanted to, they could now very easily tie the game into Xenosaga for the sequel. It deffinitely lends itself to continuing in a more space-opera direction now. Not that we really NEED another space opera, or even suggesting that Monolith is very good at space operas (I never found Xenosaga to be that well done, myself). But the material you find out at the end definitely is interesting, and could be explored more thoroughly. But I think it's good that it wasn't in this game for precisely the reasons you gave: it's so huge, it would have really taken away from the imminant story that was going to with the current characters.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »

I liked the 4th one best and the 2nd second.
I like those covers that give some scale, they remind me a bit of the Shadow of the Colossus box art.

As for the game itself, I'm still about 7 hours in but now I'm really picking it up. Maybe the beginning didn't catch me but now it's actually growing a lot on me. It's even making me stop playing Dark Souls.
I'm at the part...
... That you get to the colony to save Juju after he's been captured by the now talking Melchion.

EDIT: I'm now about 9 hours in and just finally I could fully grasp the usage of chain attacks, break and topple.
A nice system but so far it's been so rarely used that when I gave the game a long break I could barely remember what they were needed to.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:45:45 PM by Farron » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »

So apparently Xenoblade is being released on Good Friday.

When stores aren't open.

Well done, Nintendo!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2012, 12:28:16 AM »

When stores aren't open.

Well done, Nintendo!
Stores aren't open on Good Friday? Since when? Is this a Canada thing? Seems awfully odd to me. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to walk into Target and pick up the game that day if I wanted to.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2012, 12:44:09 AM »

When stores aren't open.

Well done, Nintendo!
Stores aren't open on Good Friday? Since when? Is this a Canada thing? Seems awfully odd to me. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to walk into Target and pick up the game that day if I wanted to.
No you can't. It's a GameStop exclusive. :P

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »

Our mall is open... =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2012, 04:06:22 AM »

I don't know anything that closes for Good Friday...

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: