Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340992 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 66902 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:53 PM »

I had no idea there was a Classic Controller Pro! I hate the CC. Definitely buying the pro version.

"Oh, a hunter..."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: March 27, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »

Ya know...I DO still have my Gamecube downstairs somewhere. Probably works just fine still. I could just hook it back up again when the need arises.

Also: I'm convinced. CCPro version it is.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:58 PM »

My wife has been urging me to get a Wii for her and my girls so they can play games like Mario Kart. I been thinking about it, but I what something that I want to play when the girls are in bed. Judging from what I've heard and seen, this game may be the push that I need to get a Wii.
ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: March 30, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

This game is the only reason I regret selling my Wii. And I regret that very much now. Here's hoping it works on Wii U(I expect it to), I'll play it then.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:46 PM »

They announced the Wii U was BC. Not that rules out games like this just not working anyway, but still.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »

i bought a gc compatible wii shortly after this was announced for na release. i just walked into gamestop and said, "i need a used black wii with game cube compatibility" the guy i usually deal with was ignorant of the fact that the newer ones are not compatible. so i thank you guys again for letting me know about that sooner. i gotta say the classic controller pro is one of the most comfortable controllers for me, so i am glad i got one of those too. the other sweet thing is that i got so many virtual console games already loaded on it i basically got all the zelda games and a couple final fantasy games too.

next tuesday... i'm super excited.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 03, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »

Nintendo didn't really advertise the new Wii model's lack of BC.  The guys at my EB were completely unaware of the difference, and we very quick to offer a replacement.  The Wii's in the store were a complete wreck, though, so I stuck with the new model and promised myself to take good care of the Gamecube I bought for Resident Evil 4 back in college!

You should be excited for Xenoblade.  It is quite good.  Should have our review for the site up on Friday for release!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: April 03, 2012, 03:14:58 PM »

You should be excited for Xenoblade.  It is quite good.  Should have our review for the site up on Friday for release!

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Xenoblade/index.html

:]

And yes, I know you mean a second review, but I just couldn't help myself.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 03, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »

A.  That review was for the European release.

B.  It was done by a Scotsman, and you know they can't be trusted. 

C.  I'm on review, so it was a shameless self promotion.

D.  America!  F*ck Yeah!!!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: April 03, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »

Even though I dislike the battle system (its hectic, the AI rarely does what you want it to, getting in position is a pain because you're constantly getting stuck on stuff and getting boned by the camera, plus the monsters spin like a top because agro keeps changing, targeting is also pants if you're fighting a large group of mobs). None of this stuff is unforgivable though, apart from hearing "Wild down!" the moment break wares off, which is just plain frustrating. The rest of the game is absolutely ace, so I doubt you'd give it much less than that shady Scotsman you mentioned. :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:40:05 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »

have not read all 35 pages. And I am sure I am in the way minority. But if the gameplay is the same as FFXII. Then I would be really saddened by that. really saddened.

I strongly disliked the gameplay, so Its unfortunate they are switching it up from past Xeno games. But alas this brings up the debate about how Jrpgs have gotten stale and I am sure they are trying to reach the masses with this one.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: April 03, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »

The gameplay is superficially similar to Final Fantasy XII, but it is far more fast-paced. I usually hate that kind of gameplay, but I really enjoy Xenoblade.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

Yeah, it functions differently in a way where you're constantly involved, you can't let it "Auto-pilot" like you could in FFXII since positioning and selecting moves DOES matter.

Anyways, I don't really think that was necessarily for "wider appeal" so much as just making the game they wanted. It does seem like Nintendo gave them the freedom they were desperately trying to get for each of the prior games, plus this time gameplay was more of a focus than narrative (though arguably it's the best executed of their attempts... maybe BECAUSE of that realigned focus.)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: April 03, 2012, 09:50:01 PM »

This comes out tomorrow, yeah?? :D

My nip--....mind is tingling!! :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »

This comes out tomorrow, yeah?? :D

My nip--....mind is tingling!! :D

Friday apparently, unless they changed something due to it being Good Friday.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: