Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 01:03:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329214 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 58033 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: April 03, 2012, 10:53:06 PM »

I've heard they changed the release date to Thursday.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2012, 11:44:21 PM »

This comes out tomorrow, yeah?? :D

My nip--....mind is tingling!! :D

Friday apparently, unless they changed something due to it being Good Friday.

I preordered at a mall that ought be closed Friday.  So yay?  Doesn't matter... I doubt I'd play much.  Tis' exam season n' all.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2012, 11:57:15 PM »

I've heard they changed the release date to Thursday.

Must be a Canada only thing, because it's still Friday here. Would've been more convenient for me though.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: April 04, 2012, 12:52:08 AM »

I preordered at a mall that ought be closed Friday.  So yay?  Doesn't matter... I doubt I'd play much.  Tis' exam season n' all.

I have one final on the 19th. :D

I still don't know if I'm going to graduate because of my teaching hours. D:

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: April 04, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »

i asked the other day and dude at gamestop said it was next tuesday that's why i was confused. i looked in the binder they have all the release dates in and i knew it was the 6th but i didn't realize the date didn't match.
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: April 04, 2012, 01:38:20 AM »

I guess I am salty that they dont have the same gameplay as the past titles.

also salty its on wii
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: April 04, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »

I pre-ordered mine from Nintendo online. I wonder when I'll actually get it? I won't really get into it until after I play through ME3, but I'd still like to pop it in and try it out. Plus, I have yet to order a new Wii, so I'll be dealing with a crappy a/v connection.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »

This comes out tomorrow, yeah?? :D

My nip--....mind is tingling!! :D

Friday apparently, unless they changed something due to it being Good Friday.

A whole mall closed on good friday? You live in the vatican?
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #548 on: April 04, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »

Yeah, it functions differently in a way where you're constantly involved, you can't let it "Auto-pilot" like you could in FFXII since positioning and selecting moves DOES matter.

Anyways, I don't really think that was necessarily for "wider appeal" so much as just making the game they wanted. It does seem like Nintendo gave them the freedom they were desperately trying to get for each of the prior games, plus this time gameplay was more of a focus than narrative (though arguably it's the best executed of their attempts... maybe BECAUSE of that realigned focus.)

Agree

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: April 04, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »

Since you keep repeating this, I think its worth mentioning that this is original IP. Other than having "Xeno" in the title, which as far as I know wasn't even the original name for the game, these games have absolutely no ties to each other whatsoever. My guess is Xenoblade got the same treatems as "The Room" which supposedly had "Silent Hill" slapped on to it to sell more copies.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:31 PM »

Correct, the original title was Monado. It was renamed Xenoblade 'in honor' of the series.

Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: April 04, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »

Since you keep repeating this, I think its worth mentioning that this is original IP. Other than having "Xeno" in the title, which as far as I know wasn't even the original name for the game, these games have absolutely no ties to each other whatsoever. My guess is Xenoblade got the same treatems as "The Room" which supposedly had "Silent Hill" slapped on to it to sell more copies.

Well you might be right. but the person at the helm of this game has worked on all the previous Xeno titles.

But since you say this is entirely a different project. then alright.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: April 04, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »

I feel a little weird saying this, especially since I've been so critical of modern jRPGs with FFXIII at the top of the list, for being painfully linear. Xenoblade almost feels a little TOO BIG. I mean seriously, its gigantic, I spent over ten hours running around colony 9 and upon recently returning to beat the snot out of a lvl 17 unique that handed me my ass several levels and many hours before, I realised that there's not only a ton left to do, but also a load left unexplored. The next area is even BIGGER. Its both awesome and frustrating at the same time since I'm one of those "gotta do it all" kind of gamers.

I'm also really happy that Unique monsters have started to roam around instead of just sitting there and waiting for me come and get them. Makes it all that much more fun when one of those things just pops up from around the corner. Even had one join a fight today, it may have been a little inconvenient to have to high tail it out of there, but it gives the game just a little more spice.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2012, 12:39:50 AM »

Tried to pick this up today but no dice. And I don't mean I tried picking it up where Dice works. haha

The release date for Canada has officially been changed to tomorrow. I am looking forward to playing this all day Friday.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 05, 2012, 01:11:05 AM »

Should've just had this "Whenever in stores", because RIGHT before people may be traveling for Easter is a headache. At least it's just a few hour drive for me and not an airplane I need to catch or something.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: