Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 07:59:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330159 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 59765 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2012, 01:12:17 AM »

Tried to pick this up today but no dice. And I don't mean I tried picking it up where Dice works. haha

The release date for Canada has officially been changed to tomorrow. I am looking forward to playing this all day Friday.

Come vissiiitt~! :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: April 05, 2012, 01:54:15 AM »

You're only an hour away, I may do that before I head overseas. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: April 05, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »

I feel a little weird saying this, especially since I've been so critical of modern jRPGs with FFXIII at the top of the list, for being painfully linear. Xenoblade almost feels a little TOO BIG. I mean seriously, its gigantic, I spent over ten hours running around colony 9 and upon recently returning to beat the snot out of a lvl 17 unique that handed me my ass several levels and many hours before, I realised that there's not only a ton left to do, but also a load left unexplored. The next area is even BIGGER. Its both awesome and frustrating at the same time since I'm one of those "gotta do it all" kind of gamers.

I'm also really happy that Unique monsters have started to roam around instead of just sitting there and waiting for me come and get them. Makes it all that much more fun when one of those things just pops up from around the corner. Even had one join a fight today, it may have been a little inconvenient to have to high tail it out of there, but it gives the game just a little more spice.

I felt the exact same way playing through..... each new environment and quest demanded my attention and would consume WELL beyond the amount of time I would care to give to questing between story advancing segments.... this however was my own fault because I, like you, am a neurotic completionist..... well you put it more nicely as a "gotta do it all"-type gamer...... I'm just freakin' out of my mind..... but that is neither here nor there.... back to the point...

I highly suggest, not getting too caught up in ALL the optional stuff too early.... it will be a VERY long time before your locked out of any areas or miss anything, and those particular instances you can sort of see coming... that aside, I became a wee-bit over-powered for the main story doing all the optional stuff... In hinesight when I got further along I began to realize, had I waited, I'd be venturing back to so many locals for various reasons as I embarked on more questing, that had I not been so nuts about exploration initially I would have saved myself hours and still have accomplished the same amount....

Basically, all I'm suggesting is don't be overtly OCD about everything too early on... remember the games of yesteryear where you'd wait until you got a good leg in and find a nice spot of downtime in the main story to tackle a bunch of optional stuff as opposed to panicking that if you missed something it would be crucial and not available ever again?..... yea, think of it somewhat like that... otherwise you will end like me.... 50 hours in and barely a third of the way through the game-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

I spent over ten hours running around colony 9 and...The next area is even BIGGER.

You sir have officially made my day. :D

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2012, 03:57:44 PM »

otherwise you will end like me.... 50 hours in and barely a third of the way through the game-LoL
I'm coming up on twenty hours and only just recently
got Sharla in my party. Story wise, I'm only just past the point where the faced Mechon runs away with Juju while mouthing off about squashing me in Colony 6
I think Ill start pushing the story along a little more.

I spent over ten hours running around colony 9 and...The next area is even BIGGER.

You sir have officially made my day. :D

It really depends on your play style, but its probably possible to spend even more time romping about the first area without running out of things to do. You probably shouldn't use me to gauge these things though, since I have a tendency to grind when given the opportunity, though if I have to be honest, this game threw so much at me that I simply said "screw it, too much, I'm moving on". You'll have to see how it plays out for you though, might be an entirely different story.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:12:59 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »

Got my copy today. \(^^)/

And a copy of Zone of Enders 2 to boot!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »

Kind of ironic that this became GS exclusive when the original push used Amazon as a foundation.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »

This game crept up on me, but I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. I still need to finish Kid Icarus and Devil Survivor 2 before I even dip my feet into this adventure.

"Oh, a hunter..."
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2012, 06:34:14 PM »

HA preordered today! Cant wait!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

@Maxximum - Sounds like the two would even themselves out, so I'd say it was decent guage. :P

Kind of ironic that this became GS exclusive when the original push used Amazon as a foundation.

I still believe those Amazon pre-orders did jack squat, or at most convinced Nintendo to make it Gamestop exclusive so people wouldn't think it did anything. <_<

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2012, 07:45:51 PM »

Just received my shipping conformation for overnight from GS. Schedule is clear for tomorrow and beer is in the fridge...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »

.I actually imagine it's possible that while Amazon was used to push the initiative, Amazon was actually apathetic about stocking the game at all, while GameStop saw an opportunity and pushed for it
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: April 06, 2012, 02:45:13 AM »

.I actually imagine it's possible that while Amazon was used to push the initiative, Amazon was actually apathetic about stocking the game at all, while GameStop saw an opportunity and pushed for it

True, that was likely the case. I did, however, pre-order The Last Story from Amazon so we'll see how that plays out I suppose....
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 06, 2012, 03:10:04 AM »

True, that was likely the case. I did, however, pre-order The Last Story from Amazon so we'll see how that plays out I suppose....

That's a VERY different scenario. Monado was there due to the E3 announcement of the game's existence years back, and in that period NoA likely decided to not bother releasing it here despite quietly revealing it at E3. In contrast Last Story was explicitly announced by Xseed for US release and popped up on both Amazon and GameStop with a specific date, I'll be amazed if that ends up becoming a GameStop exclusive or similar.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »

Robbie,
I haven't beaten the game yet so I cant be sure, but I think you may have accidentally put a spoiler in the "Bottom Line" blurb on your review.
Talking about the "Bionis is was just sleeping part", cant remember weather its stated at the begining or not, but I was under the impression that it was implied that they ware both dead, could be wrong though, after 20 hours its hard to remember these things.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:37:02 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: