Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 10:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331911 Posts in 13593 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 61412 times)
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »

Heads up to any looking for a classic controller pro, I picked one up for 10 bucks at best buy. It was behind the register and it was brand new with dust all over it. The website says 20 but maybe you can find one on clearance.
SquarePenix

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: April 17, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »

Any word yet on week one sales?  Fans put a LOT of effort to get this localized in the US, and especially with such limited distribution and no advertising at all even inside my local Gamestop (god it's an infuriating to see a store exclusive with not so much as even a box to let people know the game exists!), I'm terrified this game will see dismal dollar figures.  Combined with such a late announcement it was coming to US shores that it's probably been pirated to death or imported from Europe, my hopes are grim.  I want to stick it in Nintendo's face so bad and say, "See!  Told you idiots RPG's can sell!" 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:14:25 PM by SquarePenix » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: April 17, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »

Might be on a store-to-store basis.  The one I went to had boxes up for some time saying to preorder it.  When I checked out, the cashier even mentioned Last Story which was kind of surprising.  As for sales, I'm curious too.  When I called release day or a day after, the one store I called was sold out and the other told me later at checkout that they were almost out.  Hopefully it did alright.  I don't think they had to do much effort since NoE did all (or most of) the legwork.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 17, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »

Probably since the game's on a dual layered disk like Smash Bros. and Metroids Prime Trilogy and Other M. If your other disks work but these don't then you definitely need to clean your lens; either with the stupid cleaning kit or by dismantling the shell and giving the lens a quick once over with some Windex (and hey, while you're there you could apply some quality thermal paste to your system's GPU to protect against overheating and damage from that stupid WiiConnect24 which nobody should be using anyways).

If Canada offers free repairs for disc reading issues then cracking it open for yourself should absolutely be a last resort rather than the first choice. Hell, given how digital games are bound to the system it's probably better to send it in for repairs first even if it's not free.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: May 02, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »

Can someone help me out because this is driving me bug fuck crazy.

I just met the gem man for the first time and he gave me two gems to equip to my weapon.

Every time I go into the menu, it only gives me the option to discard my weapon.

Am I not supposed to equip them yet or what?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »

Can someone help me out because this is driving me bug fuck crazy.

I just met the gem man for the first time and he gave me two gems to equip to my weapon.

Every time I go into the menu, it only gives me the option to discard my weapon.

Am I not supposed to equip them yet or what?

Your weapon and other equipment have slots beneath them on the character page. Highlight those and press confirm to bring up your gem list and equip. Note that some pieces of equipment already have gems affixed to them (like the bikini); those are permanent and cannot be swapped out.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: May 02, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »

Yeah, I realised my mistake - I was trying to do it from the equipment page. :/

Thanks.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: May 05, 2012, 10:19:33 PM »

i finally got to put some time into this game. it took me a minute to get used to the battle system but i'm liking it now that i'm better at the timed button strikes. there is probably a lot i still don't totally understand. i'm liking the side quests even the fetch my pants (clothes) ones. thing is i'm curious about the quests with the timeclock on them. i assume you have a limited time to work on those, i'd like to do them but i'm affraid of going to far into the main quest and then it closes them off do i have to be worried?

i was one of the (hopefully) many who got it day one on NA release.

i really like the classic controller pro i got for this it probably my favorite console controller it's super comfortable i wish it didn't have to be attached to the wiimote though.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: May 06, 2012, 04:12:54 AM »

i assume you have a limited time to work on those, i'd like to do them but i'm affraid of going to far into the main quest and then it closes them off do i have to be worried?

Don't worry, the game always warns you when an area is about to be closed off/changed and the sidequests become unavailable. If you don't want it to happen, postphone the event the game warns you about and you'll be fine.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2012, 10:06:53 AM »

Loving this game, except for Riki.

Dammit Japan, anthropomorphic animal thingies do not need to be in every game.

I just put up with that little bastard in Blue Dragon right before this.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »

i assume you have a limited time to work on those, i'd like to do them but i'm affraid of going to far into the main quest and then it closes them off do i have to be worried?

Don't worry, the game always warns you when an area is about to be closed off/changed and the sidequests become unavailable. If you don't want it to happen, postphone the event the game warns you about and you'll be fine.

thanks for the heads up.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »

Had a week off from work, and I didn't even touch the game once. Shame on me :(
Clocked roughly 20 hours on it and I still haven't made it to colony 6.

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: Charming, clunky, frustrating, rewarding.
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: May 08, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

Had a week off from work, and I didn't even touch the game once. Shame on me :(
Clocked roughly 20 hours on it and I still haven't made it to colony 6.

I've been slacking too.  Something about the commitment of... I dunno, the 70-100 hours peeps have spent on it that's a bit intimidating.  I love it, just...hard to invest, and I hate feeling like a couch potato.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: May 10, 2012, 04:26:26 PM »

I just finished
Code:
Melia's trial at the Tomb
and I'm 53 hours in. I'm really enjoying being able to sink time into a game again, after this last year of school.

Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: May 11, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »

It was nice to see xenoblade win game of the month, but I have some thoughts on the article

"Coming at a time when people all over the industy are declaring the JRPG dead or dormant, "

you ignore those minority of people.

"Xenoblade takes the absolute best that classics in the genre have to offer and pairs them with modern gameplay mechanics and a presentation that pushes the Wii to its absolute limit "

jrpg isnt a genre, and xenoblade only did was ff 12 did first.........

"Xenoblade truly is the JRPG many have been waiting for. Many claim that originality and innovation have been lost in the JRPG, but Xenoblade Chronicles proves that that simply isn't the case. "

Many other japanese rpgs prove that isnt the case........this just might be the most mainstream in the US for some reason

To sum up:

I love xenoblade, i love rpgfan, I just dont like the sensationalistic writing sometimes.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: