Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335243 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade  (Read 63957 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »

And then he was banninated.

Good riddance to bad spam bots.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: May 11, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »

Wait what? If he was a spambot then it was a damn convincing one.
Seriously though, why did he get banned? Ive seen people write worse things than his thoughts on Xenoblade getting game of the month so it cant be that...right?.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:02:45 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #647 on: May 11, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »

Wait what? If he was a spambot then it was a damn convincing one.
Seriously though, why did he get banned? Ive seen people write worse things than his thoughts on Xenoblade getting game of the month so it cant be that...right?.

He was banned for ban avoidance.  We thought he was a (twice) previously banned member.  That post correctly identified to us who he was.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: May 11, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »

Something tells me it was Vampiric somethingorother again. That post smells like his poor abuse of collegiate terminology, though I could be mistaken.

I can't seem to settle down and buy this already. I stol.....err borrowed my sister's wii, found a gamestop close by that has a copy, found a used one online, even dumped it on my gamefly account. But when I go to actually get it, I end up dissuading myself and then I go watch the avengers, derp.

TASTY!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: May 16, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »

I'm happy this game is getting such good press and user feedback. I've not had a chance to play it yet as I mistakenly sent it to my new place a state away in a moving box. I'm glad to hear that the it is a good new JRPG because I think like many others that the JRPG genre isn't what it should be. Not to beat a dead horse, but the JRPG "genre" has become so esoteric in recent years that it is difficult for me to want to play a new title. I'll finally be able to play it next week sometime.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: June 07, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

So I finally caught this via gamefly, and am happy, albeit a little underwhelmed by the massive positive feedback everyone gave it. You spend about 10 minutes running through an area for actual story, and 7 hours doing quests per area. Don't get me wrong, it's kept me busy as all fuck, but it's far from amazing. The story is nicely progressing, even if it takes me half a day of backtracking through every town for quests that may have opened up before I advance it, and I enjoy the music and the battle system. Dunban is awesome, and the after battle conversations are funny (What a bunch of Jokers!). It's a good game for sure, a solid 8.5. I just don't see why everyone is so OMG WHAT A STUPENDOUS JRPG BEST EVER! It took a page from the mmo handbook and did it very well, but damned if I don't get that sense of dread walking into a new area and doing all those fucking fetch quests. So...many...fetch....quests.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: June 07, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »

Yeah, I agree with you.  I'm about 40 hours in and it's a great game, but I would probably rate it around 8.5-9 on RPGFan's scale. 

Also huge pro-tip:  Don't worry so much about doing every quest.  I just pick up every quest I see and then look for it while I'm doing the next story quest.  If I see it easily, great.  If I have to go out of my way a little bit for a decent reward, fine.  Everything else I usually ignore.

The only things I don't particularly care for are happiness requirements for Heart-To-Hearts and the feeling that I must use Tank/DPS/Healer on any semi-tough fight.  The second part isn't that big of a deal since you can often swap before a boss fight. Also Shulk is so strong I feel like I'm gimping myself to use anyone else.  The back attack damage + gem on Shulk seems to be far and away the best gem I've come across so far, but I'm only 40ish hours in.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »

I really like the standard party of Shulk, Reyn and Sharla, but I do mix it up once in a while.

The problem is certain cominations don't work well when you do chain attacks.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: June 07, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

Dammit Japan, anthropomorphic animal thingies do not need to be in every game.

I highly recommend doing the sidequests in Frontier Village to learn more about the Nopons.  They
aren't just mascots but a race of individuals. 

Personally, I love Riki for the fact that he's a funny character and can be really strong as well.
I'd use him more than Sharla if he had more healing spells.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: June 07, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »

I miss Reyn for his funny moments in party, but dunban is omgwtf awesome. I started fighting the UMs in colony 9 that are like level 40ish, and NOTHING CAN HIT HIM. Add to that his ridiculous damage output and aggro holding, and he's supertank all the time. Yeah shulk outdamages him, but only barely. Sharla does her healing job well so no complainta, and melia looks terrible so meh, she's sidelined. I already have like 4 weapons for riki I guess, gotta love fighting stuff that should be out of your level range early, cool items for the win. I even replaced Gadolt's rifle, which was beastly for the time I had it. Pretty sure I'm breaking the game, but idc, it's fun being crack.

TASTY!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: June 08, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »

I usually had Melia as the lead with Rikki and Dunban doing damage.

Or I'd play as Rikki myself and have Dunban and the 7th party member going. They both dodge so well that Rikki's sad little healing spell is often enough, especially if you give them gems to equip that let them gain a bit of HP with every hit.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »

Just got to Melia's hometown, level 42, nothing can lay a finger on me. Everyone outside of melia and riki have 300+ defense, reyn has like 550, and dunban has sometging close to 150 agility, nevermind he hits harder than shulk now thanks to my new weapon. I am enjoying this game, even though I fall asleep whenever i start doing a lot of quests.

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: June 09, 2012, 03:50:14 AM »

Don't worry about sidequests, explore! Exploring that huge world is what makes Xenoblade fun and you'll complete plenty of quests while playing intrepid traveler.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: June 09, 2012, 07:19:02 AM »

Don't worry about sidequests, explore! Exploring that huge world is what makes Xenoblade fun and you'll complete plenty of quests while playing intrepid traveler.
Somebody likes being a tourist...

Exploration is fine if I gain something from it, but to just see huge areas of ocean and cliffs I can't reach pisses me off. I'm at the point in gaming where if I can see ot, I better to be able to pretend my character can go to and take a piss off it, though I'm more likely to just dive bomb off a high area than anything else. I remember playing spiderman 2 on gamecube, i would go out of my way to grab a baddie and get to the very top of the empire state building, then do the spinning piledriver-like move he had all the way down. Landed on a moving car once in game, baddie got stuck. Awesome times.

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: June 09, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »

Nah, I just like free experience points and being eaten by giant monsters. And there are actually very few places you can see but can't visit. Plenty of high place to jump off too.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: