Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327141 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSN, Wii Virtual System, and old gems I (we) may have missed....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PSN, Wii Virtual System, and old gems I (we) may have missed....  (Read 986 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »

In light of a few posts recently, I realize that a few "oldies but goodies" have slipped by me throughout the years.... Sooooo quick and to the point, lets get down to business! What lesser known RPGs hail from the days of PS1 and before that often get overlooked? To expand upon, or maybe make this topic a bit easier, may I suggest lists of your favorite downloadable titles via the PSN and Wii??......... I was browsing last night on both systems and noticed a handful I was unfamiliar with and couldn't decide were to begin.... Hopefully with enough lists and feedback we can all come across a treasure or two we were not aware of, or haven't given the time yet.

NOTE: I don't think its necessary for any of us to list any Final Fantasies.... or Chrono Trigger for that matter.... Quite certain we all know they exist.... hehehe..... also, while I have the floor.... WHY IS EARTHBOUND NOT AVAILABLE!!! How disturbing...... Anyhoo thanks ahead for the suggestions, and I hope we can all foster something worth playing out of this!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »

On PSN there are a TON of games I'd love to check out, having missed them on PS1.

Front Mission 3, Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, etc.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »

Here is a little list of games to look out for on PSN:

Vagrant Story (EU, NA), Wild Arms 1 & 2 (NA), Xenogears (NA), Suikoden (NA), Parasite Eve 1(NA) or 2(EU), Legend of Mana (NA), Grandia (EU, NA), Front Mission 3 (EU, NA), Final Fantasy Tactics (NA), Final Fantasy IX & VIII & VII (EU, NA) VI & V (EU), Arc the lad 1 & 2 & 3 (NA)

These are more action than RPG but still worth mentioning:

Alundra (NA), Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (NA), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (EU, NA), Legend of Mana (NA), Castlevania SotN (NA).

Non RPG Honorable Mentions:

Silent Hill (NA), Resident Evil 1 (NA) Directiors Cut (EU) 2 & 3(NA), Metal Gear Solid (EU, NA)

Right, there are a ton more games I could probably mention, but that will do for now.
I was going by the Wikipedia List of PSO classics, so some things may have changed since it was last updated.
Enjoy.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »

PSN:

Get Breath of Fire IV. It's awesome.

Also, not a classic but I hear Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls is good.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »

So far for VC/PSN services, we've been pretty well screwed in terms of getting RPGs or the like out of anything that wasn't already released here between 10-25 years ago.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/09/monkeypaw-looking-into-langrisser-games-as-psone-imports/

....but if we got this, a lot of that would be forgiven (for the PSN at least, VC continues to fail forever in this regard).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: