Author Topic: Devil Survivor Overclocked  (Read 22001 times)

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Devil Survivor Overclocked
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »
I just found out that those 8th Days have good and bad endings. I accidentally got the bad ending on one because I apparently didn't leave too much time for another event to take place.

Well, on to my new route...

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
Is Pyramid Head famous? I'm asking because he's an extra boss I just found.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~

Fei

• !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »

There is a wall scroll of Pyramid Head in my living room.  There are also enemies with pyramids for heads in Shadows of the Damned, a reference brought to you in part by Yamaoka's involvement in Silent Hill.

What the heck is he doing in an Atlus game, besides being awesome? 

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »

There is a wall scroll of Pyramid Head in my living room.  There are also enemies with pyramids for heads in Shadows of the Damned, a reference brought to you in part by Yamaoka's involvement in Silent Hill.

What the heck is he doing in an Atlus game, besides being awesome? 
Making my second playthrough a living hell since these extra bosses have levels way too high compared to my party's lvls (good thing I imported one demon, bad thing it's not enough).

Oh, also, I believe Pyramid Head has another name for a demon of some mythology but I think they're the same. And so, he is an actual demon in the game.

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
Okay, so apparently all of those endings having 8th days lacks a bit of info. I'm saying this because half of those endings have 8th days while others end right there on the 7th days.

Lucca

• AMG A GIRL
  • SUGAR PEAS!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgcafe.net
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
While I was a bit dissapointed to hear that, it makes sense. Some routes don't NEED a 8th day because the ending is pretty final.

I heard Yuzu's is one that has an 8th day. I never tried for her route because I knew her ending was the sucky one. Plus...well, she's YUZU.

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »
While I was a bit dissapointed to hear that, it makes sense. Some routes don't NEED a 8th day because the ending is pretty final.

I heard Yuzu's is one that has an 8th day. I never tried for her route because I knew her ending was the sucky one. Plus...well, she's YUZU.
I would've wished to see kind of a "What Happened to Them" scene but I guess it's okay as it is.

And yes, follow the girl's wishes and you're pretty much heading for the worst ending. Atlus makes it obvious for you that running away from trouble ONLY makes even more trouble. Except you NEED to go through there to unlock new demons to fuse.

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »
*SPOILERS*

Damn game is putting my "No Deaths, No Free Battles" playthrough on dangerous terrain. I was aiming for Kaido's Path to end this faster, and THEN Naoya shows up and MERGES both his and Kaido's path together. Now I'm challenging the 8th Day full of nukers. At least my demons know Multi-Strike.

*SPOILERS*

ADMIN EDIT: We have [ code ] set to work for spoilers, and [ quote ][ color=black ] is a good alternative for longer messages.

ACC EDIT: Oh, thank you. I didn't know you guys had that feature.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:00:40 AM by AuraChannelerChris »

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
So yeah. I was really stoked while playing about the 8th day. Then, awesomely, there was no 8th day scenario for my favorite path. How disappointing :(

Still, awesome, awesome game.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Fei

• !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
I'm heavily addicted to this game. 

So, about the "no free battles" playthrough... does that make it so that skill cracks are absolutely necessary to win?  If I remember correctly, you get an email about skill crack, and how that will allow you to change your fate.  Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but that would be cool if they worked that story element into the gameplay like that.

I've been doing lots of free battles because I don't want to feel utterly spanked down during any story battles.

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
I'm heavily addicted to this game. 

So, about the "no free battles" playthrough... does that make it so that skill cracks are absolutely necessary to win?  If I remember correctly, you get an email about skill crack, and how that will allow you to change your fate.  Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but that would be cool if they worked that story element into the gameplay like that.

I've been doing lots of free battles because I don't want to feel utterly spanked down during any story battles.
It's just as you've read, no free battles means no free battles. Skill Crank does NOT affect the story at all. I'd recommend that you try to fill out your skills first as much as possible and target an 8th Day route first. Oh, also, it'd be best if you trained some demons to the highest levels you can reach so that you have the chance to import them over to your new playthrough. That way, you can fight the bonus bosses without much problems. I'd suggest that you do you no free battles run after your party is nicely protected with lvl. 75 or higher demons (do the no character death while you're at it, that means, don't let a team's leader get killed once).

And save lots of Macca. It's easier to save Macca and spend the extra points on the option to call strong demons from the compendium (though you should get the discounts to make it easier).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:08:48 AM by AuraChannelerChris »

Themadcow

• RPGing since '84
  • 4 groups of 99 Berzerkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2011, 05:29:45 AM »
Still no publisher for Europe, and the 3DS region lock means no US imports so we're relying on Ghostlight picking it up.

Online petition for EU release with 418 sigs so far...

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/42521.html

badsanta

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »
Still no publisher for Europe, and the 3DS region lock means no US imports so we're relying on Ghostlight picking it up.

Online petition for EU release with 418 sigs so far...

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/42521.html

Just so you know, I signed your petition. I may not be from Europe, but I still think that everyone should be able to play this great game.

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:15 AM »
*Names Character Junpei Iori
*Writes Stupei as nickname
*Realizes the menu and battle screen use the nickname
*Realizes my friends will insult me every time they call me

AuraChannelerChris

• The RPG Adventurer
  • Ultimate RPG Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
Is it kind of weird a boss spoke Japanese to me?