Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Nest MMORPG/Action hybrid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dragon Nest MMORPG/Action hybrid  (Read 3035 times)
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »

Wow, this game looks awesome! Is anyone else looking forward to this title? The game play looks like a lot of fun and it seems to be deep enough to make the game interesting the whole way through. I have to admit I never fell into the MMORPG genre but this game looks like something that will keep me interested ALSO its a FTP (Free-T-Play) game. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonnestonline
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »

I think it looks good.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »

It was pretty fun at E3. Not big on their character style though. I was actually more into Vindictus which is already out. And I'm not into MMOs of any kind.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »

Was it your first time trying Vindictus, Kyuusei?  Vindictus is really good (why was it at E3 though?), but old.  I could post paragraphs of praise para Vindictus, but it'd be as off topic as DQ9.

MMO's get old too fast.  Honestly, the fact that Nexon is hyping this game is a big reason I'm interested, because there are plenty of MMO's that do it right, but none of them are relevant anymore.  I hope this one gets big... Nexon has a good record in my book.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:18:33 AM »

They had it last year too but I didnt go. I think it was there because it was getting some new additions soon, but Dragon Nest was the big deal at their booth this year.

But between the two, I like what Nexon is doing.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:08:14 AM »

Problem is, Nexon is usually a joke at F2P. From past experience, they really milk their games for cash.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »

Problem is, Nexon is usually a joke at F2P. From past experience, they really milk their games for cash.

Yeah Im really hoping I can get by with a vast portion of the game with 40 bucks...I dont want to invest too much into this because I have read that people spend vast amounts of money (real money) on equipment. I hope its just pay for like new areas to advance to the next tier of levels or something.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 07:39:47 PM »

That was my big question, though they made it seem like the paid stuff wouldn't be such a huge issue or really costly. But who's gonna trust companies when they say that? :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »

That was my big question, though they made it seem like the paid stuff wouldn't be such a huge issue or really costly. But who's gonna trust companies when they say that? :P

Exactly! I really do hope I can get a great experience without having to shuffle around trying to keep track of how much money I have spent.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 02:44:10 AM »

They had a pretty big facebook update

Cant wait for this beta and im glad to see that the whole game can be played without paying. Although I wouldnt mind some extra content as far a whole new chapter or expansion that would need to be bought. The whole FTP concept is still very new to me and am concerned still. I dont know why, I know they work its just weird to me.

Greetings Dragon Nest Fans!

The Dragon Nest Facebook page is both an invaluable source of feedback and a great way for us to communicate with our fans. Dragon Nestís Community Representative Justin Wong constantly monitors the pageís activity and recently gathered up the five most frequently asked questions since the end of the Closed Beta. Weíve answered them below, and we encourage you to continue to submit your inquiries!

Question: When is the Open Beta?

Answer: Dragon Nestís Open Beta will begin on July 26, 2011. See the announcement here!

Question: Will we be able to get past level 16 in Open Beta?

Answer: You bet! The Open Beta will feature content that wasnít available in Closed Beta, so youíre going to be able to see and do a lot more, including advancing to level 24.

Question: Will characters be able to experience job advancements in Open Beta?

Answer: Yes, job advancements will be available during Open Beta. There are two available for each class, along with tons of new skills.

Question: Many people are concerned about the cash shop aspect of the game. Will the high-end PvP and the progressive PvE content be balanced around a true "free-to-play" model, or will there be items you need to purchase in order to win?

Answer: Nexonís free to play model is based around the idea that players should never have to pay to enjoy our games. You will not need to purchase particular items to be competitive in either high-end PvP or PvE play.

Dragon Nest will have a Cash Shop, called the Dragon Vault, which will sell a number of convenience and cosmetic items including clothing, various potions, messenger birds, and a variety of other items. These items can enhance your experience and some of them may help automate some gameplay chores, but none will be necessary in order to play the game.

Question: Who will be eligible to participate in the Open Beta? Will new people have a chance to get in or will it only be open to Closed Beta testers?

Answer: All Closed Beta testers will be welcomed back for Open Beta, but participation will not be restricted to Closed Beta participants. We are currently working out participation criteria, designing the proper test environment, and putting together the application process to allow as many people as possible to play in the Open Beta. As we get closer to the Open Beta launch date, we will make an announcement on how you can apply to participate.

Looking forward to seeing you in game!

-The Dragon Nest Team-
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »

Has anyone played this yet?  I think I may try it tonight, since its in open beta.  Rusty Hearts was good, but I think I've seen enough until it goes live, with the beta character wipe and all.

This game has good gameplay and graphics. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:37:10 PM by Fei » Logged

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »

I am playing it now. I like the gameplay, but there are some things Nexon has done that really rubs me the wrong way. My main peeve is inventory  and storage space. Nexon really nickle and dimes you to death with both. A new toon starts with  30 inventory  slots, and 10 storage slots.  you get 5 or so slots more as you advance in levels for each. You will quickly  find yourself running out of space for important items fast and its $14 /$9 worth of nx for either a 30 slot  inventory, or storage increase. If you like having alts  it gets worse,  bought storage only counts for that toon, it is not account wide.If you really want to play the auction house  and sell alot of goods you are going to have to buy a marketplace pass $9 that removes a lot of the auction house  restrictions. If none of this bothers you then its a fun game. The gameplay is very fast and it feels alot like Fable. I am leveling a sharpshooter (Yuukarin) on Argenta server. For a korean ftp grinder it does not have much of a grind and its easy to reach the cap.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: